2001 Taylor Quinta de Vargellas Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Paul Fountain

2001 Taylor Quinta de Vargellas Vintage Port

Post by Paul Fountain »

This spent 6 hours in a decanter before being decanted back into the bottle for transportation and was consumed around 10 hrs after opening.
It could have done with a longer decant.
A little hot but full of flavour. Rich spicy and still very young. A good future ahead of it. 91
Celia C

Re: 2001 Taylor Quinta de Vargellas Vintage Port

Post by Celia C »

A fellow Aussie! Hello! I bought a case of this at Costco - is that where you found yours? What a wonderful bargain it was! Shame it's all gone now or I'd buy more.. :)
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Celia,

I am just seeing this. Funny thing, I mentioned Paul in your intro post in Port basics. Now I see you two are both here. How far is Sydney from Melbourne?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Celia C

Post by Celia C »

Roy, about 9 hours' drive without stops. Not very close sadly, as I love Melbourne! :)
Paul Fountain

Post by Paul Fountain »

Hi Celia, I only just spotted this today. Yep, I mine bought at Costco. I think I have another 18 of these.
This port and the LBV are the only reason I have a Costco membership. I was hoping that when the 01 ran out, that they might have some 04.
Celia C

Post by Celia C »

Paul, me too. My friend Dave in Melbourne sent me a photo of the QDV at Costco and I joined the next day... :)
Celia C

Post by Celia C »

Paul, was at Costco today and saw they have the 2008 Taylor's LBV in stock now...
Paul Fountain

Post by Paul Fountain »

Celia C wrote:Paul, was at Costco today and saw they have the 2008 Taylor's LBV in stock now...
They have had several different vintages in the docklands store over the years - 03, 04, 05 and 07. I've been meaning to get in to pick some up as the QPR on this is exceptional by Australian standards. Somebody told me they didn't have them at Ringwood store. I'm hoping that when they get the Moorabbin store built about 5 minutes from my house, that they will be stocking it there