2008 Graham's LBV Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Celia C

2008 Graham's LBV Port

Post by Celia C »

I'm a bit out of practice with tasting notes (and I was never much good at them anyway) but I couldn't find this port on the database so I thought I'd offer my impressions in case they were of use.

I'm not traditionally a fan of LBVs but this wine has converted me. Filtered and under T-cork. Deep purpley-red colour, wonderfully ripe plum and dark fruits on both the nose and palate, rich, well rounded and with no pointy bits. Very familiar sweet Graham's flavour profile and not overly woody. Clean non-cloying finish. On opening (a week ago), the port presented with more alcohol heat which seemed to have mellowed out by day three. Drinking very well last night and very pleasant after dinner with dark chocolate.

Bought at Dan Murphy's in Sydney for A$28.50/bottle. I have no mathematical way to calculate a score, but I think I'd like to give this one 91 points. It's probably more valuable to say that it was good enough for me to order another half a case. :)

91 points
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: 2008 Graham's LBV Port

Post by Glenn E. »

What do you mean you're not any good at tasting notes, this is a great one! :clap:

As far as calculating a score goes, if you asked 10 people on this forum how they do it you'd probably get 10 different answers. As long as your system makes sense to you, then it works! If you can explain it to someone else, that's just a bonus. :mrgreen:
Glenn Elliott
Celia C

Post by Celia C »

Ahh...you're kind Glenn, thank you.. :)
Paul Fountain

Post by Paul Fountain »

It is good to see a major liquor retailer in Australia stocking the Grahams. It's a pretty recent development. Strange that they don't have the Six grapes though.