2000 Warre's LBV Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

John M.

2000 Warre's LBV Port

Post by John M. »

Tasted as part of the Virtual Tasting...

Dark purple with a claret rim. Nose of dark berry with slight floral note. Full body fruit with grape, blackberry and cassiss, yet seems to be mellowing from prior bottles of this. Moderate finish for first few days; then became more clipped whcih surprised me. Nice harmony of flavors--I drank this over 5 days and it held up very well. This could easily age another 10; still so dark and brooding.

92 points
Any Port in a storm!
Mahmoud Ali

Re: 2000 Warre's LBV Port

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

John,

No surprise about the longevity of Warre's LBVs - the '92 in the past year was still firm though drinking well, more port-like than LBV. I've not seen the '00 here as yet but did snag a bottle of the '99.

What is a virtual tasting - is that where a number of people taste the same wine on the same day and report to each other?

Cheers........................Mahmoud.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: 2000 Warre's LBV Port

Post by Glenn E. »

Mahmoud Ali wrote:What is a virtual tasting - is that where a number of people taste the same wine on the same day and report to each other?
Yep! More or less... we generally schedule them for an entire month, though, to make it easier for people to participate.

Frederick used to schedule them monthly, but not many people were participating so they fell out of favor. We still try it once in a while, as with the most recent one for an unfiltered LBV with at least 7 years of bottle age.
Glenn Elliott