1985 Graham Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Tom D.

1985 Graham Vintage Port

Post by Tom D. »

Superb showing as previously. Fresh and youthful, profound, with tame enough spirit after 12 hours in the decanter. Maybe my favorite Graham's, a terrific value, to hold for decades. 95 pts.
Tom D.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 1985 Graham Vintage Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

I think this is one of the top 1985's, along with the Fonseca. I also prefer this to the '85 Dow's, which tends to show slightly more advanced in age.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Tom D.

Post by Tom D. »

I'm with you Andy. I've laid a few of these down for my grandson, and I think he'll be enjoying them many years from now .
Tom D.
Monique Heinemans.

Post by Monique Heinemans. »

This is one of my favourites, I've had it many times as this particular port was one of my first buys many years ago, I've only four bottles left now, but must say the 1986 and 1987 are not bad either ;-)
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Monique Heinemans. wrote:This is one of my favourites, I've had it many times as this particular port was one of my first buys many years ago, I've only four bottles left now, but must say the 1986 and 1987 are not bad either ;-)
I assume you mean the Malvedos from 86/87. And yes, I agree they are both very nice
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com