1994 Graham's Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

1994 Graham's Vintage Port

Post by David Spriggs »

After the disappointing 1994 Vertical, I decided to dig into my stash of 1994's.
From 375ml bottle.
Dark ruby color.Wonderful nose of sandalwood and roasted cherries. Classic! This still quite young. There is a lot of acidity, although I'm not getting a lot of tannins. Cherry and cranberry flavors are quite deep and pronounced. There is just a touch of blackberry. The wine is much less sweet than most of the Graham's that I have had. It still has that touch of grapefruit in the finish that I remember that it had on release. Excellent wine that could still use a few years. I suspect that from a 750ml bottle that this wine would be quite unready. 93 points
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 1994 Graham's Vintage Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

My take is many of the 1994's have really shut down in recent years ( for regular and large formats) after pretty much being open for a long time. No doubt they'll come out of it in due time. So good to get a reference point from a 1/2 bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Re: 1994 Graham's Vintage Port

Post by Moses Botbol »

Opening 1994 vintages is not even on my radar even though it's on 20 years. 2-3 years I'll check out some of the smaller producers I have bottle of.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars