1991 Quinta de Roriz Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Christopher B.

1991 Quinta de Roriz Vintage Port

Post by Christopher B. »

Quinta de Roriz Vintage Port 1991

The cork simply disintegrated into a dry powder. I ended up pouring it into a decanter through a cheese cloth. The port appears to be rubis colour, with a deep see-through red. Aromas of cherries, turkish delight and prunes with a bit of liquorice are to be found. In the mouth, the wine has a bit of heat, and the aromas perceived on the nose are found on the palate. A pleasant port - decanted 2-4 hours before tasting. By the third day, it was rather oxidised reminding me more of a tawny. Good port.

I'd rate it an 88.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 1991 Quinta de Roriz Vintage Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

Here's a Port one rarely, if ever, sees a TN on. Do you know the provence on this bottle? I was curious if it was stored in the Douro at the quinta after being bottled.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Christopher B.

Post by Christopher B. »

I purchased the bottle at the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) in Kingston circa 2000. Not entirely sure of where it was between 1993 when it would have been released and 2000 when I bought it. [shrug.gif]
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

I use their 1999 VP as my benchmark to calibrate my tasting note scores. Great to see a TN from the 1991!
Glenn Elliott