2007 Quinta da Romaneira VP

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Bradley Bogdan

2007 Quinta da Romaneira VP

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Decanted 2 hours, excellent cork

Visually, this wine is pitch black with a substantial amount of sediment that is tough to decant off.

On the nose, loads of rich ripe black fruit. I can't believe how over the top and hedonistic this smells, it definitely evokes what I would imagine Robert Parker loving in a port.

On the palate, equal amounts of over the top fruit, very deep and very dark, with some brambliness to the structure. This is amazingly approachable with a minimal decant (and was just as fragrant from the get go) which makes me doubt its long term aging potential, but at this point, who cares? Its so good in a big, deep and fruity over the top way that I don't really see a need to wait. You probably have plenty of other things that need time, this doesn't. Without a bit more structure, considering its age, and as its a bit one note in its fruit forward nature, I can't rate it higher than 93 or so, but it earns every point that I can give it.

93 pts.
-Brad

David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 2007 Quinta da Romaneira VP

Post by David Spriggs »

Love this Port. It really is so forward and delicious... why wait!
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: 2007 Quinta da Romaneira VP

Post by Roy Hersh »

I believe it may be the best Romaneira VP ever produced, although the 2011 was very close.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com