1996 Quinta do Noval LBV

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Bradley Bogdan

1996 Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

2 hour decant at restaurant. Beautiful cork.

Color is 70% opaque with no bricking. Impressively dark for almost 20 year old LBV from an unheralded year.

Nose is full of dark berry fruit, limited spices in the baking spice range. Nice and fresh.

Great raspberry and mineral driven palate. Very likable and fresh, again with a slight baking spice influence. Not tremendously complex, and with a slightly granular texture that got less smooth on day 2, as well as a gently fading palate on the second day.

-89 pts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U
-Brad

Mahmoud Ali

Re: 1996 Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

It sounds like a very nice port Bradley. My first Quinta do Noval LBV was the 1994 and I loved it. When the next vintage came along it was the 1996. Though not a fancied vintage the sheer quality of the '94 prompted me to pick up a couple of the '96s. I still have the two bottles but in the meantime I have been slowly drinking my way through a 12-pack of '94 halves.

From your notes I reckon I should think about drinking the '96s before continuing with the '94s

Mahmoud.
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

It was very enjoyable, seems like it's in prime shape to be a one night pop and pour or short decant when you don't have time to plan ahead. I definitely wouldn't wait on them too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U
-Brad

John Trombley

Post by John Trombley »

I bought and tasted a botlle of htis on release and had the impression that it might go places beyond where I'm reading here. I'd like to get my hands on a well stored bottle from around here and get a data point.