1983 Quinta da Sra. da Graca Reserva Particular Colheita port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Rune EG

1983 Quinta da Sra. da Graca Reserva Particular Colheita port

Post by Rune EG »

My wife Emmy and I were in Douro February 2004, and through a non-wine business friend we were introduced to the Manger of the huge Cockburn’s wine storage in Regua (the storage with most wine in Douro at that time?). It appeared that the Manager was also running his own wine yard and we were invited there, which I think was just north of Regua. When leaving he gave us this bottle. We kept it for 11 yrs, and now it was the time to enjoy it.

Bottled Christmas Eve 2003, so it was 20 yrs at the time. This Colheita actually had some sediments, so if I assume that this have given some ageing effect on the port, I guess abt 25 yrs old should a good estimate. Decanted 3 hrs. Deep dark brown. A bit oxidized, but not disturbing. Aroma of mature berries, raisins, plums and figs. Full body. The taste is powerful all the way, consisting of spices, mature fruits, tannins, caramel, herbs and minerals. Long powerful aftertaste. 89 pts.
Last edited by Rune EG on Sun May 03, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 1983 Quinta da Sra. da Graca Reserva Particular Colheita port

Post by Andy Velebil »

Very cool, never heard of it before.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bradley Bogdan

Re: 1983 Quinta da Sra. da Graca Reserva Particular Colheita port

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Thanks for sharing, Rune. Doesn't sound like something most of us will ever get to taste. I personally find the odd "personal" scale bottlings often have some great juice when they're offered, wherever you might be visiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U
-Brad