Noval Black Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Bert VD

Noval Black Port

Post by Bert VD »

the bottle looks classy and the color of the wine is very deep. it's beautiful and sets a high expectation.

the spirit is quite strong but that doesn't bother me. every sip is powerful, fruity and exciting. the aftertaste is long but a bit "easy", not very interesting, almost boring. so the time between each sip became shorter and shorter :P

a very good wine for the price (paid under 9 euro) but i think i will use it more as an ingredient for cooking and stay with more complex LBV's for drinking.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Noval Black

Post by Andy Velebil »

I really like this Port. It's always been as you describe and has made a good QPR daily type drinker. And as an FYI the spirit often mellows by day two, at least from my experience.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bert VD

Post by Bert VD »

it was opened 3 days before but i only used a bit for cooking and closed it again so it hasn't seen much oxygen. i guess that's why the spirit was still there. but i don't mind, it's not a negative thing for me.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Agree with Andy, the spirit does blow off and certainly by day two or three, this turns into a fine Ruby Reserve and while pretty straight forward, has delicious dark fruit and is a fun sipper.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com