1968 Krohn's Colheita Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

1968 Krohn's Colheita Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

Bottled 2008. Very fragrant hazelnut, toffee, and allspice on the nose. Soft entry that quickly explodes into lots of fresh acidity, dried nuts, maple bar, tea, cinnamon, and spices. Marzipan also makes an appearance on the very long lingering finish. I've had several of these recently and they are all consistent with each other. Just a wonderful old Tawny Port.
94 Points
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
John Vachon

Re: 1968 Krohn's Colheita Port

Post by John Vachon »

I agree had one Thur. it was great much better than the 66 K. Tasted with a 1966 Fonseca(the best 66 F I've had in

more than 30 years) and the 68 K was equal.
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Sounds like the extended time in bottle hasn't hurt this one at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U
-Brad

Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

The first one I opened was less than stellar, but that must have been bottle variation because subsequent bottles have echoed Andy's TN. Such a steal while Premier Cru was liquidating!
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Bradley Bogdan wrote:Sounds like the extended time in bottle hasn't hurt this one at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U
Not yet. But I don't think this Ports best days are ahead of it. Though no need to drink up this week. For me, I'll try to enjoy these over the next year or two. Adjusting my speed depending on how they start showing. That said, my typical experience with extended bottle aged Krohn's tend to point toward not aging them for long term. This one seems to be holding up much better in bottle than most.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com