1994 Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Thomas V

1994 Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage Port

Post by Thomas V »

Date: 03/06/2016

Place: Folkestedet, Århus Portwineclub Vintage in 3 decades.

Condition:

Decanted 12 hours beforehand. The cork came out 1 piece and was in great condition.

Served 15 minutes post fridge as the tasting room was extremely hot at 25+ degrees Celcius and in the second flight of 2.

Note:

Strong red colour with a great spicy nose with hints of star anise and liquorish. Probably the best port I have ever sampled in terms of the scent. Light body with loads of fresh fruit with predominant cherry and some peppery and minty notes. Very refreshing and with great elegance and structure. So many different impressions came from each sip. I just wanted to keep drinking this all night. Right now I scored this 95+ points but I believe that this vine has the potential to reach 97-98 points in the future. It is stellar and I need to get my hands on more. My thoughts and thanks go out to Antonio Bernado Ferreira for seeing great opportunity where no one else did.

95+ points
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 1994 Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

I love this VP and it seems from your note this has now come out of a slight awkward phase it was in for a short time. I like [cheers.gif]
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Thomas V

Re: 1994 Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage Port

Post by Thomas V »

Andy Velebil wrote:I love this VP and it seems from your note this has now come out of a slight awkward phase it was in for a short time. I like [cheers.gif]
It is a keeper. I wish I had been into port when you could buy this en primeur.