2005 Croft Quinta da Roeda vintage port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Monique Heinemans.

2005 Croft Quinta da Roeda vintage port

Post by Monique Heinemans. »

Opened yesterday morning, poured a bit out (in a glass to sip of course) and left the bottle for about eight hours. Cork came out in one piece.
The colour is like a dark Bordeaux wine, not purple anymore, very very slighly transparent, but no bricking at the rim. I always seem to have a problem with determing the nose, but it smelled nice..
During/after the first glas yesterday evening I wrote: lovely thick port but not cloying, mouthfilling and very smooth, sweet dark fruit (cherries?), fresh port. Mint and chocolatemilk. The aftertaste is very long and pleasant.
Today there was even some improvement: I taste ripe cherries, chocolatemilk again, freshness, mint, some herbs too. This port is very round and soft, I love the mouthfeeling, the tannins seem to have fully integrated. Again a rather long aftertaste. Quite lovely port and for the years to come 10 more bottles to go..
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 2005 Croft Quinta da Roeda vintage port

Post by Andy Velebil »

One of my favorites of the vintage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Monique Heinemans.

Post by Monique Heinemans. »

And it did improve even more today, more concentration, very well balanced, very elegant, this is a very nice VP!
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Monique Heinemans. wrote:And it did improve even more today, more concentration, very well balanced, very elegant, this is a very nice VP!
I have no doubt this will age for many decades to come with ease. (ok, lets home Tom doesn't quote me in 20 years if I am wrong, LOL)
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com