Graham's 20 Year Old Tawny Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Thomas V

Graham's 20 Year Old Tawny Port

Post by Thomas V »

Red brown, transparent colour.

Vanilla, light spirits, caramel burnt lightly. Medium body and some acidity still lingering. Clipped finish and lack secondary notes.

89 points
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Graham's 20 Year Old Tawny Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

Do you know the bottling date of this? This has never been in the top tier of 20 year tawny's but a recent bottling showed better than any I've had in the past. Not great mind you, but better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

I tasted this 20YO Graham's I believe 3 times during my time in Porto & Douro this fall, but unfortunately I'm not knowledgable about the bottling dates.

Also I must admit I have never really been impressed with Graham's TWAIOA's. As you mention they are not in the top tier for me in the 20YO segment nor in any of the 3 other categories.
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Andy Velebil wrote:Do you know the bottling date of this? This has never been in the top tier of 20 year tawny's but a recent bottling showed better than any I've had in the past. Not great mind you, but better.
Never been a fan of any Symington Tawny outside of Dow.

I thought most of the TFP and SFE tawny's have altered their blends in last 5 or so years?
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

Moses Botbol wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote:Do you know the bottling date of this? This has never been in the top tier of 20 year tawny's but a recent bottling showed better than any I've had in the past. Not great mind you, but better.
Never been a fan of any Symington Tawny outside of Dow.

I thought most of the TFP and SFE tawny's have altered their blends in last 5 or so years?
Funny you mention Dow's as the only exception within the SFE conglomerate. I have never really thought about Dow's in relation to TWAIOA, but I had their 30YO tawny twice on my vacation and I really enjoyed it very much. So I am in line with you on that point.