2007 Quinta do Noval Single Quinta LBV

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

John M.

2007 Quinta do Noval Single Quinta LBV

Post by John M. »

2007 Quinta do Noval Single Quinta LBV - Deep crimson color. Smells like a fruit bomb. Aged fruits--plum and berry. Moderate finish.

89 Points

This tasting note is one of several related tasting notes. Click [here] to see the original note in context.
Any Port in a storm!
Mahmoud Ali

Re: 2007 Quinta do Noval Single Quinta LBV

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

I just bought a bottle of this LBV and though it says unfiltered there was no mention of when it was bottled. What about yours?

Mahmoud.
John M.

Post by John M. »

Any Port in a storm!
Mahmoud Ali

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

Interesting that your bottle of LBV has a bottling date whereas mine doesn't. It suggests that the producer thinks that the bottling date is not important in the Canadian market. I've been noticing an absence of bottling dates on some of the LBVs here, in particular the Dow, Cockburn, and Graham, and now this Noval.

Mahmoud.
John M.

Post by John M. »

Funny. ..I was just about to say the same thing. As to bottling dates I went off my excel sheet but seem to recall a lack of dates. So I checked photos. .. don't see dates. I don't have the empties but do have more of the Crasto. So. ..I may have given "alternative facts" under assumption most LBVs are bottled at for years now. I have no idea why producers are nit giving bottling dates and am curious why.
Any Port in a storm!
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

John M. wrote:Funny. ..I was just about to say the same thing. As to bottling dates I went off my excel sheet but seem to recall a lack of dates. So I checked photos. .. don't see dates. I don't have the empties but do have more of the Crasto. So. ..I may have given "alternative facts" under assumption most LBVs are bottled at for years now. I have no idea why producers are nit giving bottling dates and am curious why.
No Alt Facts allowed here ;) lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com