NV Quinta da Sequeira 20 year tawny port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Rune EG

NV Quinta da Sequeira 20 year tawny port

Post by Rune EG »

Bottled 2016. Decanted 2 hrs 15 m (needed). Clear transparent amber colour. Fresh aroma of citrus. Full body. Initial phase is an elegant style showing citrus/oak/herbs in nice harmony. Hints of caramel. Slight bitterness towards the end. Acidity building up, but within reason. Medium to long aftertaste with a touch of orange peel. 89 pts
Eric Menchen

Re: NV Quinta da Sequeira 20 year tawny port

Post by Eric Menchen »

Never heard of this one, but it appears they've quite a lineup of wines. Thanks for posting a note.
Rune EG

Post by Rune EG »

Believe the quinta is located in Douro Superior, not far away from Ramos Pinto's Ervamoira.
Have posted three tasting notes of Sequeira, of which one was a Grande Reserva Douro red.
I have also a 1970 Colheita in the cellar which I plan to drink fairly soon, and will post the TN.
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Rune EG wrote:Believe the quinta is located in Douro Superior, not far away from Ramos Pinto's Ervamoira.
Yes, I had found it on Google maps. It is just a little west of Vila Nova de Foz Côa, and due south of Vesuvio, whereas Quinta da Ervamoira is a little south-southwest of Vila Nova de Foz Côa.