ANNOUNCING A NEW RECORD

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

ANNOUNCING A NEW RECORD

Post by Roy Hersh »

With this post, #16,750 ... there have been EXACTLY 2,000 posts this month (only 30 days) which eclipses the all time record set last month. I had my doubts that we'd EVER exceed 2,000 posts in any month, so this is pretty remarkable. Thank you all!

This is triple the average daily number of posts (per month) from inception through the end of 2006. What is going on here?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Nice to read that! I bet your new association with websites pays off adding to that good publicity by Jancis Robinson and probably others medium.

Way to go!
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Jay Powers
Location: Pacifica, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Jay Powers »

Nice job :!:

Heres to looking forward to what the future will bring!

Jay
Todd Pettinger

Re: ANNOUNCING A NEW RECORD

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Roy Hersh wrote:This is triple the average daily number of posts (per month) from inception through the end of 2006. What is going on here?
Alan and I joined and account for at least 200 of these posts per month(100 each!). Now we are working hard at providing the QUANTITY... who is picking up the slack in the QUALITY department!?!?)

Just kidding Roy - I do try to make the majority of my posts count for SOMETHING intellectual... or at least inquisitive! :D

Todd
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Way to go...Very cool. 8)
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Well done , bravo , félicitations fellow Port enthousiasts We are , part of something special . . .
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

As you probably know by now, I have kept track of each month's progress since January of 2006 (a half a year after the FTLOP started at the end of July 2005).

Looking over the numbers at midnight last night, it is clear that sometime in the next few weeks of June, that we will surpass the total number of posts for the entire year 2006.

Thank you all. 8--)
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Congrats! I Love the forum here!

-Dave-
Rich Greenberg
Location: Redwood City, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Rich Greenberg »

Congrats, Roy. Been having a great time learning and getting to know folks here since coming out of lurker mode. Now, I'm not quite as prolific as some of the other new members (Todd), but I'll try to keep drinking more so I can add my share! ;)

Rich
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

dspriggs wrote:Congrats! I Love the forum here!

-Dave-
Ditto
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com