Latest Record to be Announced on FTLOP

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Derek T.

Latest Record to be Announced on FTLOP

Post by Derek T. »

I haven't had a drink of port for 5 days :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Derek (ex-portaholic)
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

I did beat that until yesterday, having not imbibed for 6 entire days, however I had an excuse: I was extremely ill.

(What's YOUR excuse?) :shock:

Todd
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Guys, don't feel bad, until tonight I was in the same boat. Then I had a couple of glasses of Ferreira 10 year tawny Port.....ahhh, I needed those glasses 8--)
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Wasters!!! :snooty:

And Derek. I'm not going to invite you around again (For a good sleep, greasy spoon,chip butty and smoke of my only Cohiba) if you cant raise your game and stop letting it affect you in this way! :Naughty:

In reality, what a great bloke, sets up 5 decanters of great Port, 3 or 4 bottles of dodgey stuff to remind you how good the good ones are....an then falls asleep! I just didn't know what to do...so while I was thinking, I drank 5 decanters of Port. :lol: :yumyum: :lol:
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Todd Pettinger wrote:I did beat that until yesterday, having not imbibed for 6 entire days, however I had an excuse: I was extremely ill.

(What's YOUR excuse?) :shock:

Todd
My excuse is noted in the Somelier of the Week thread on the main Forum. Have not been home since Monday and have not been in a place where I could (would) buy a glass of port. Tonight I will be home and will be having my share of the remains of the Warre's LBV 95 that was opened at Alan's last Saturday. It has been in the fridge since so should still be nice and fresh :D 8--)

Derek
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Not at home!

Not in a place where you would buy a glass of port!?

Come on man, what sort of traveller are you? Are you honestly telling me that you don't carry your own port around with you?

For God's sake. Now that the rules have relaxed on carrying liquids on planes you can carry a bag full of 100ml bottles of port with you in hand luggage. In the scrappy little plastic bag you are allowed, you can fit 7 100ml bottles - almost enough for a full bottle.

OK, so I had to have a big argument with the officious little oik who turned up his nose at the contents of my bag and wouldn't let me through with 7 identical miniature bottles of port in my clear, plastic bag. But after his boss had come running over to find out what all the shouting was about I was let through and had sufficient supplies to keep me going to my return.

Next week its Germany and Ireland. The week after its Sweden and the US. Must remember to pack my bag...

Alex
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Aiyiyiyieee Derek...

I am with Alex on this one. 6 or 7x100 ml plastic bottles - enough for just about any plane ride! Even from my home to the UK (7.5+ hr flight).

At the very least - you should have had a backup man! A single bottle in the bag is as essential as a shaving kit! :)

But regardless of any poking fun at your lack of preparation... welcome back into the fold! ;)

Todd
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Next week its Germany and Ireland. The week after its Sweden and the US. Must remember to pack my bag...
That itinerancy would have been a huge adventure in my younger years. But the thought of that now has made me go quite puce!
Airports,packing,flights,hotel rooms!!! I'm definately a home boy now. Unless its for leisure purposes, of course.

Alan.

Nota Bene. Puce! There's a word I'd forgotten, but what a great Tasting Note word. I think it means dark or brownish purple.