Happy Father's Day to you and yours

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Happy Father's Day to you and yours

Post by Roy Hersh »

For those celebrating Father's Day with their children or their fathers, I lift a glass to toast to you and your families!

May your glass (or bottle) of Port be sweet and ready to drink. :winepour:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Merci Roy
Celebrated with father in law and brothers in law with a Warres 1977 . . .
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Luc,

Excellent choice.

It was my old house Port wine for years. Did you enjoy it? It should be pretty close to fully mature by now. Nice wine.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Thanks Roy - yourself as well. Hopefully you let Taylor pick something good from your cellar for you today.

All four of us had some of the purple juice - the kids has a shot glass full of Concord grape juice which they sipped as solemnly and with the same gravity as Dad and Mom, who enjoyed most of the rest of the decanter of 2004 Quinta de Roriz VP, which had been opened yesterday for the June VT. My TN appears in the Virtual Tasting Forum and is almost complete meaning it will then be posted in the Tasting Notes Forum.

Good up front, loads of fruit for about 10 hours, after that, slowly falling down to a fully tannic young beast which makes me want at least a half case for 20-30 years down the road. :D

Happy Fathers Day to all those with kids! :cool: Hell, Happy Day to those that don't have kids! (I'm a non-elitist type of guy!) :cool:

Todd
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Roy Hersh wrote:Luc,

Excellent choice.

It was my old house Port wine for years. Did you enjoy it? It should be pretty close to fully mature by now. Nice wine.
It was superb !!
( only decanted for 1 hour )

Luc
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .