A quote of mine today from the Squires' site

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

A quote of mine today from the Squires' site

Post by Roy Hersh »

The hardest part of being a Port collector is the very fine line between having enough patience to drink your bottles at maturity and living long enough to do so.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Roy , in my case , the hardest part is Which VP to purchase . . .
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Otto Nieminen

Post by Otto Nieminen »

Intersting quote, Roy! The problem with me is that I would be of an age where I should buy lots of 2000s and 2003s because I will see them mature. Unfortunately my money is mostly going elsewhere at the moment. So, I would slightly rephrase it: The hardest part is not living long enough but having the disposable income early enough.
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

I am in much the same boat as you Otto... I'll likely live to see the Taylor and Fonseca 2003s reach about halfway through their maturity stage (guessing that both will live to be well over 100 years old!) but having the type of money to buy ENOUGH of those Taylor and Fonseca 2003s so that I CAN drink them later on when they are approaching maturity at 30-40 and even 50 years is the issue right now!

Todd
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Todd , I bought a Fonseca 2000 for the birth of my daughter and a Graham 2003 for the birth of my son . There ends the story . . .
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .