Quinta da Bacalhôa 2000, Cabernet Sauvignon

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Frederick Blais

Quinta da Bacalhôa 2000, Cabernet Sauvignon

Post by Frederick Blais »

In French tonight, sorry Roy, not in a mood to translate :lol: But I know a few members read it. At least all can read the mark and it is a product you want to discover if you find it at your wine shop!

Un vignoble aux racines profondes et anciennes d'où la fondation remonte au 15eme siècle dans la péninsule de Sétubal. En 1975 on décida d'y planter du Cabernet Sauvignon.

Ce vin gardé dans des conditions peu idéales(28+ l'été) se démontre comme une belle surprise avec des notes de cerises et cassis bien mur, du tabac et thé des bois s'ajoutent avec aération. La bouche est souple mais encore pleine, beaucoup de corps, le fruit est encore bien mur, finale satisfaisante sur les notes de cerise et tabac. J'aime bien les vins où le fruit est encore jeune ayant des tannins souples. 16.5/20 Une belle découverte.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Translation (roughly) thanks to Google, my own (very limited) French, and some patchwork guessing. Frederick, for all that is right, thank Google translate, for everything horribly botched, blame me...

Todd

A vineyard with the deep and old roots where the foundation goes back to the 15th century in the penninsula of Sétubal. In 1975 [the owners] decided to plant Cabernet Sauvignon.

This wine [has been] kept under not very ideal conditions (28+ [Celcius temperatures often this] summer) still shows like a beautiful surprise with notes of cherries and blackcurrant well [established], tobacco and hints of wood add with ventilation/air. The mouth is flexible but still [full bodied], and the fruit is [still?] strong. Satisfactory finish on the cherry notes and tobacco. I like the wines where the fruit is still young [and has] flexible tannins. 16.5/20 A beautiful discovery.
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

hehe not too bad, I like the "Flexible" tannins and mouth :lol: should read more like soft, smooth or tamed maybe.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company