3000 Posts!

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Todd Pettinger

3000 Posts!

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Congrats Roy - 3000 Posts.

I guess as father and owner, we should expect that you are on top of the heap, but I just wanted to express my personal thanks for all the advice you have doled out over the past couple of years since FTLOP was begun. I know you have answered more of my emails, posts and PMs than I ever expected when I first came out of lurk mode, and I have learned a great deal because of it. So, thank you! :thumbsup:

Todd
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Now is my time to catch him, since he'll be busy for a few weeks :twisted:

just kidding Roy
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Before opening this website, I asked a few peers who ran wine Forum's what they felt should be the right amount of posting so it would not seem as if the host was heavy handed in the early days of the Forum.

The average of what I was told was one in six posts or about 16% during the early days. Ridiculously, I stuck to that for the first 1.5 years and never went above 17% even when questions were looming unanswered. I used to fret over this kind of minutia. Not anymore.

My percentage has dropped this year to 13-14% and I hope with my "hiatus" that begins later this week through mid-Oct (I won't get to post nearly as much!) that should drop to closer to 12% or 1 in about 8 posts which would mean that others will step up and answer the tough questions. :lol:

I have a friend on another Forum who is closing in on 1000 posts within 10 weeks. If he keeps up that rate, he'll have over 11,000 posts by the time he's been there as long as I am on FTLOP. YIKES. :lol:

To be very honest, had you guys not mentioned this, I'd have had no idea about the 3k posts, at least until my return from Portugal in mid-October. :roll:

More importantly, I try to find a happy balance between adding my own two cents on the Forums and allowing for threads to have their own natural progression without me. It is the hardest part of maintaining a Forum in which I WANT to be involved. :oops:

It is certainly a dubious distinction, nonetheless, thanks for the kind words!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Félicitations Roy .
You are , ( dare I say ) the Alpha and the Omega of the Port world . . .

A fellow Portonian
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .