Nervous much???

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Todd Pettinger

Nervous much???

Post by Todd Pettinger »

So, I have taken the plunge and am getting snipped tomorrow. Do you think I'm nervous??? :shock: Jebus... if I could drink enough Port tonight to ensure I was drunk for the entire length of the procedure, I would definitely do so. As it is, I have to drive to the Dr's office tomorrow. Wah! :cry: ;)

Wish me luck... :?

Todd
Lars F

Re: Nervous much???

Post by Lars F »

Todd Pettinger wrote:getting snipped
Is that what I think it is :shock: . In that case, good luck, and have some port when you return home
-Lars
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

:shock: Good luck, I hope all goes well and the doctor doesn't slip :wink:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

I have to admit, I've done a number of these procedures. One thing to remember in a week, they all look horrible, in a month they usually look pretty good; so don't panic.
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Lars, It is indeed my friend. :shock:

Andy, No slippage. <whew!> All went well.

Eric, I had no idea you were a doctor. Do you do scalpel or non-scalpel technique? I had the non-scalpel done myself... supposedly faster recovery time and less bleeding, but man, talk about swelling. Clamps?? Ouch.

Now its time to enjoy some Port and take away the memories...

Todd
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Todd,

Talk about the "unkind cut" jeez!

Glad you survived this episode. See you in about six weeks.

I have met Eric on several occasions, including his week during the 2007 Fortification Tour of Port & the island of Madeira and although I knew he was in the military ... somehow never remembered he had a medical background!?!?!?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Roy Hersh wrote:Todd,

Talk about the "unkind cut" jeez!

Glad you survived this episode. See you in about six weeks.
Unkind doesn't even begin to describe it Roy! ;)
When not fighting the nausea, I had to fight the natural instinct to lash out at the evil man approaching me with the sharp, pointy instruments :shock: (had to remind myself that *I* came to HIM, not the other way around! ;)

"Yeah, I'm sure this is what I want... don't I?"
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

I have met Eric on several occasions, including his week during the 2007 Fortification Tour of Port & the island of Madeira and although I knew he was in the military ... somehow never remembered he had a medical background!?!?!?
Yes, military medical. Doing that right now, even helping out with some Afghani civilians.
Do you do scalpel or non-scalpel technique?
I've done both. There are pros and cons to both. I think if you do it correctly, either way does a good job. Going back to my original comment, both ways can look horrendous after a week, but after all the swelling and bruising goes away, they pretty much all look the same.