Other hobbies?

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Scott Anaya

Post by Scott Anaya »

Other Hobbies:

Politics--I started a few statewide PAC's for Alaska's conservation community and volunteer for the rare statesman I think ought be elected.

Food/entertaining--I love to grill and love to cook and entertain. My wife and I recently helped start two foodie groups, one "Cine Vino" with about 15-20 people has a wine theme/education component and then a movie for viewing and discussion. The other (12 regulars) is a collection of more serious foodies, trained chefs, and wannabes like me.

Travel--I travel a bit for work and almost always add-on extra legs to visit friends around the country. Alaskans also just need to get outta here in February. I love to visit wine destinations and this past year saw us in South Africa, Finger Lakes/Niagara, and Sonoma with Argentina possible this winter.

Others--landscape/nature photography (a few published); investing; reading about 20 magazines per month; seeing Alaska in our '89 Westy with flyfishing, hiking, skiing, and mountain biking; volunteering for an NGO that builds schools in impoverished countries.
Scott Anaya
Heather Hathwell
Location: Glendale, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Heather Hathwell »

Apart from wine/madeira:

1. travel - Portugal/Madeira/Azores; France (Dordogne Valley); Krakow, Poland.

2. rowing (as in eights), though this really is difficult, organizationally, in southern California for some reason and hence is out of my reach. I did get to row in Lisbon a few years back (some those Portuguese have it tough!) and have always wanted to do on the Douro.

3. just about anything relating to Portugal.

4. I have aspirations of being an armchair economist. ok, maybe a real one.

Heather