Annual Edmonton Porto Party

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Annual Edmonton Porto Party

Post by Roy Hersh »

I am off to the chilly climate of Edmonton Alberta where it was supposed to be snowing today. I am very excited to be up in that area as I love the cold weather and snow even more so. Yes I am a lunatic whose thermostat runs much higher than most and melts in hot weather but rarely if ever feels cold.

Tonight is a fun vertical of Taylor's back to 1963, but honestly I am most excited about tasting the 1994 Taylor's VP, as it has been a handful of years since I can remember trying it last. Then again, it could be only 2-3 years as time and my memory are not always in synch. :lol:

Anyway, another highlight will be meeting Todd Pettinger, who is no stranger to anyone who has been here more than a day or two. It is always a distinct pleasure to meet someone new from the FTLOP faithful and Todd is certainly that, even though he has not even been around for a year yet. It is going to be fun to watch him with great older VP like 1970 and 1963 Taylor, as I am pretty sure he has not had either, nor anything that old.

I'll be back sometime Monday and look forward to catching up with you. Taylor turns 5 and it is hard for me to believe that she was learning to walk like ... hmmm, what feels like six months ago. :lol:

She had a big old sip of the 2005 Vesuvio the other night after I was done making my way through another six bottles of the 2005s. She was very happy and jokingly would not give me back my glass. I am in trouble!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

T-minus 1 hour and counting - I am too excited! Roy is correct... I haven't had any VP older than a 1980 at this point, so the 70 and 63 will be great.

Can't wait.

Todd
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

you are both going to have a great time, i know it :winebath:

todd, be prepared to see how really old vp's change :scholar:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Andy,

It was everything I dreamed of and more. And Roy's generosity was second-to-none. A surprise or two awaited me at this tasting.

Todd