Citrus outside the US

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Mike McCune
Location: Bothell, Washington, United States of America - USA

Citrus outside the US

Post by Mike McCune »

I'm a VERY BIG citrus fan and was curious about the availability of citrus as compared to the US.

In particular, I was wondering if you have access to the following or have other favorites you want to mention here (and where they are from):

Honey Tangerines (4456)- seedy but worth the hassle - These are supposed to be called Murcott too, but the stores sometimes have "both kinds" at different times and they don't look the same (I'll check out the Murcott's in stock now to see if they are the same)

Rio Sordo Grapefruit - red (and this year white too) - also some organic ones this year too

Heirloom oranges - medium sized and very flavorful

Mike
Mike McCune
Location: Bothell, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: Citrus outside the US

Post by Mike McCune »

Well I guess I'm going to have to have this conversation with myself then...

I checked out the Murcott Tangerines at Whole Foods. They are the same PLU number as Honey Tangerines (4453) that they had in previous weeks, except they are smaller and are for the most part seedless. They are also now available (sometimes) in organic - i.e. 94453. They are only grown in Florida.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Citrus outside the US

Post by Andy Velebil »

I have a lemon tree in my backyard. Does that count for something :help:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com