proof that the Irish are crazy

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: proof that the Irish are crazy

Post by Andy Velebil »

I don't need no stinking cutlery :Naughty: Thats what hands are for :help: :lol: :lol:

I think the Port will have to come first...lots of it. That way I don't care what I'm eating :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Haggis, yuck... :snooty:
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Moses Botbol wrote:Haggis, yuck... :snooty:
Moses,

Have you tasted it? It's not as bad as it sounds - what's wrong with a little mushed-up internal organs and oatmeal stuffed in a sheeps stomach? :evil:

For anypone who hasn't tasted it you should do it at least once before you die :wink:

Derek
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Derek T. wrote:For anypone who hasn't tasted it you should do it at least once before you die :wink:
Unless you're Scottish, those two events may end up being related! ;)
Glenn Elliott
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Derek T. wrote:
Moses Botbol wrote:Haggis, yuck... :snooty:
Moses,

Have you tasted it? It's not as bad as it sounds - what's wrong with a little mushed-up internal organs and oatmeal stuffed in a sheeps stomach? :evil:
Yes, I tried it once. I am not an organ meat eater. The irony taste of organ meat does not settle well in my tummy. I can deal with meat & oatmeal stuffed in a stomach, but not the traditional cuts of "meat" that go in Haggis.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Glenn and Moses,

Thanks for the support.

Derek,
Since I'm just a Yank I can't possibly eat Haggis and survive. But when it comes to their Whisky I'm all over it :mrgreen:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Andrew N.

Post by Andrew N. »

Dereck T.Guid tae know ya big man am fae Abbeyhill tae.Just across from the Artisan bar you might have seem me wae ma big dug Nelson the Dobermann aboot toun.Think we should have dinner at ma hoose wae Andy and yirsel and make him watch up the kyber whilst eating haggis :P :evil: .So if your are up for it in October gies a bell Mr Velebil.Which was one of those other things that the Scot's invented. :hello:
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Pinalta,

I've sent you a Private Message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you.
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Pinalta,

Presumably Mr V will have to wear tartan (plaid) troosers (pants) whilst in Auld Reekie like all the other Yanks do? :lol:

We haven't worked out all the plans yet but if I get our colonial cousin in town we'll be sure to pay you a visit.

Derek

PS: I'm originally from Waverley Park. Are you an Elsie's or a Simpson's?
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Pinalta,

I am sorry to delete your last post and to post this here, where I know you will see it. But I've gotten no replies from you after I sent several emails and a Private Message regarding your username. Our user name policy is stated here
http://fortheloveofport.com/ftlopforum/ ... hp?t=2918_
Please change your user name so it is in compliance with our forum rules. I do hope you will do so, as I look forward to hearing more from you.
Andrew N.

Post by Andrew N. »

log in details are AndrewN not pinalta,regarding previous e-mails you sent it was only when I checked my spam filter did I see recent e-mails from you.So you are now on my safe list,also regarding a English speaking site.English was imposed on the Scots by the Hanovarian goverment who won at Culloden in 1746 and tried to wipe out or clan system and heritage by replacing them with sheep,otherwise know as the clearances,hence Scots in America and Canada etc.I regard myself as Scottish in all manner of things .Indeed after checking my DNA through a BBC programme called blood of the vikings a few years ago it confirmed our family folklore that we settled in the orkney islands nearly a thousand years ago and intermarried with the indigious population due to my Y chromosone being particular to norse countries.Anyway I must say a brother is a brother worldwide :Naughty:.

keep on rocking in the free world.
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Andrew,
Thanks I really appreciate it. Ohh and there will be no Haggis with the Kyber (whatever that is) :lol: But I would like to meet you if we are able too.
Andrew N.

Post by Andrew N. »

Andy V,my cellar door is always open.Contact me if you are visiting Scotland. :salute: though you might have to wrestle with my Dobermanns :wink:
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Andrew N. wrote: though you might have to wrestle with my Dobermanns :wink:
No problem...I'll just give them a bowl a Haggis to distract them....on second thought, I'll bring some steaks along. I know they'll eat those :devil: :lol: :lol: :lol: