Happy 65th Birthday to Andy Velibil

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Derek T.

Happy 65th Birthday to Andy Velibil

Post by Derek T. »

For those of you who haven't met him I can tell you that Andy is doing very well for his age. Today he has reached the milesotne of 65 years, at least 55 of which have been spent drinking Vintage Port. Despite his age Andy is not too ugly. His advancing years have taken their toll on various parts of his body but his palate remains intact and perferctly servicable for a number of year to come.

So, it is with great pleasure that I toast the birthday of my good friend Mr V. A gentleman and a drinker of good Port. What other attributes could a man ask for?

Derek
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Happy 65th Birthday to Andy Velibil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Thanks Derek. All this Port has given me a body of a 35 year old :P Now if only I could read the label on this Port I want to open :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Erik Wiechers

Post by Erik Wiechers »

Wow Andy, congrats. Enjoy your pension :evil:
If it ain't dutch it ain't much

http://www.erikwiechers.com
Marc J.

Post by Marc J. »

WOW!!! Happy 65TH!!! You're looking awfully good for 65 - you recovered well from when that bus hit you a few years back. Is that plate in your head still bothering you??? At least your palate is still in working order. Congrats!!!!!

Marc
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Well, my pension check is late again this month so it looks like I'll have to bribe the mortage banker with another bottle of VP. That steel plate was replaced last month with a titanium one. My head feels so much lighter now...maybe that wasn't the new plate but mixing all my medications with 2 bottles of port that I just finished. Good thing I got a new magnifying glass today, now I can finally read what I'm drinking and my back and hips are killling me. Where is that third bottle of port, I'll feel better in no time at all :winebath: :drunk: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Erik Wiechers

Post by Erik Wiechers »

By the way, now i figured it out. When i will be 65, my name will be in green too. Cool !!
If it ain't dutch it ain't much

http://www.erikwiechers.com
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Andy Velebil wrote:Thanks Derek. All this Port has given me a body of a 35 year old :P Now if only I could read the label on this Port I want to open :lol:
Give Roy a call , he'll tell you to get longer arms . Honest !!
I'm only 4 years younger than the Ancient Mariner .

Bonne fête . . .
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Evidently I have been away for a while, so I missed the big 65... :D If I look as good at 65 as you do, well, I might just call myself a 30 year old again! ;)

Hope you enjoyed some good tipples on your B-Day... was it indeed on the 18th of April? It puts you just a few days ahead of mine then...

Good to be back... missed this place! :?
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Thanks,

actually Derek got the first post dead-on. and I wish I was still 30...I'm the big 35 now :help:
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

heh heh... I must have read one or two before I picked out the date at the 18th. :oops:

(I'm the 28th) and 32 now, so close... very close. ;)