Todd is back...

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Todd Pettinger

Todd is back...

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Yes yes, I know, I have been a slacker! :roll:

Sorry for the disappearing act - as I explained to a couple of folks who were kind enough to inquire - all is well with the family and the baby and wife are doing just fine! :) It was literally just me going crazy for the past month or so - since I returned from my trip to Boston, where I met Moses and Sean C, two stand-up guys who were extremely gracious hosts on teh two nights I spent drinking some very nice bottles with them.

Since then, I have been involved in a major project at work that has had me working some insane OT hours and I have literally had ZERO time to myself to do the things I enjoy. Pile on top of that the fact that I am coaching my eldest son's soccer team (which I know NOTHING about - hey you guys in the UK... if Aiden sticks with this 'football' thing, I may need some pointers on how the game works, never mind how to coach it! :oops:)

I have also been doing a lot of studying and was off in Vancouver for a week-long training course that led to the exam I took today. It was tough but I prevailed and am now eligible for a pretty major credential that I am hoping will lead to some new and exciting job prospects. I still have a couple of exams to study for over the coming months, but this one was the big one - so tonight I am able to do something I have not had a lot of time for over the past month: sit back and enjoy a nice bottle of Port and get re-acquainted with my friend at FTLOP. :salute:

You'll have to forgive me if I dredge up a couple of old topics that may be a bit stale by now... it is all new to me! :D

it's good to be home...

Todd
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Todd is back...

Post by Andy Velebil »

Todd,

Glad to have you back, I was getting ready to call the Mounties to go searching for you :lol: Congrats on passing the exams and I'm sure it will pay off shortly. Oh, don't listen to a word from anyone that calls soccer "football." All they know how to do is get drunk and have riots during the games. Not excatly what you want to teach you son at his age...next year maybe :wink: :devil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know how you feel with working lots...this week starts 3 weeks of lots of overtime for me too. So the Port drinking and bicycle riding will suffer a tad :cry: but the good news is I get to do the overtime on a motorcycle and I am VERY happy about that! :mrgreen:

Glad you got to hang out with Moses and Sean and drink some Ports, they're both great guys. Just don't let Moses talk you into riding some old school steel frame road bike :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Two songs come to mind, or at least their lyrics.

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you. What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson? Joltin' Joe has left and gone away."

Welcome back Todd, as I mentioned in my email, "you've been missed."

Nobody will mind you going back and bringing up topics you've missed. I do it all the time. :lol:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Thanks guys... I have certainly missed the forum, its (great) people and the sharing of great Ports... looks like I have some catch-up to do!!! :devil:

On the flip side, I scored a HELLUVA bargain coming back thru Cdn customs with my goods from the Boston trip... details to come! And I found (amazingly) a decently-stored 1970 Dow for under $200 in Canada. geez, I hope you were sitting down for that... sorry - should have provided some warning before doing that! :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Todd
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Almost an entire bottle down... and I haven't even knocked off the contents of ONE of the forums!!! :?

Oh my, it looks like I will need some more Port to continue on.... :devil: :devil: :help: :winebath:
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

By god don't stop now man....... :winepour: :winebath: :drunk: :thumbsup:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Didn't stop... and the bottle ran dry leaving me wondering just what I was going to do next.

Then my baby woke up so that decided it - feed him and then head to bed! :roll: