Summer's action

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Frederick Blais

Summer's action

Post by Frederick Blais »

Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Eric Ifune

Re: Summer's action

Post by Eric Ifune »

I'm in Suriname right now, living adjacent to tropical rainforest. The bugs here are neither small, nor unnoticable. I can't post pictures right now, but perhaps later. Played with an 8cm Rhinocerous beetle a few days ago.
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Eric Ifune wrote:I'm in Suriname right now, living adjacent to tropical rainforest. The bugs here are neither small, nor unnoticable. I can't post pictures right now, but perhaps later. Played with an 8cm Rhinocerous beetle a few days ago.
I'd love to see some photos when you have the time. I plan to go to Madgascar next year to play with bigger bugs. Rhinocerous beetle has always interested me since my first visit to the insects museum in Montreal as a child, I'm jealous :shock:
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

My daughter's best friend and family are from Turkey. The mom is has a PhD in entomology and has some amazing bugs in special frames all over the walls in her home. Some would view this as really creepy but in a way, it is very cool.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

It is way cool. I don't have moth pictures yet. They're much more elusive. (Trying not to injure them while taking photos)
I'll keep trying.