The Earthquake in S. California

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

The Earthquake in S. California

Post by Andy Velebil »

So today I was sitting in court (I was working BTW), waiting for my case to come up at a court house very near to Chino HIlls. All of a sudden there was a violent shaking of the building and people started screaming and running everywhere. I've been through a lot of earthquakes, but never one in a tall building with lots of freaked out people running around. After helping out the poor out numbered Sheriff's Deputies evacuate the building and then the prisoners, I got stationed on the perimeter to help guard the courthouse and the inmates while the buses came to pick them up. Not much damage to the courthouse, some small water leaks coming out of the walls on the top floors and some broken windows on the building next door. It was quite the chaotic scene for a while. My house faired well, with only a few empty display bottles that fell over, but no real damage thank goodness. Glad it is over and I've finally made it home from work....now what bottle of Port to open?
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Alex R
Location: LA LA Land, California, United States of America - USA

Re: The Earthquake in S. California

Post by Alex R »

Not cool, I was still sleeping when it hit. Talk about your rude awakening :shock: :shock: :shock: I wonder how the wine lockers are doing :?:
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Glad to hear your cellar didn't suffer any damage!

(Also that you and the family are okay. :wink: )
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Thanks Glenn, the babies are sleeping well again :mrgreen:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Marc J.

Post by Marc J. »

When this last quake hit I was working at my desk and I felt some movement. I looked up and I saw items swinging then the big jolt came and I thought that this just might be the BIG ONE! I could hear the building creaking and things started to fall to the floor. Just as quickly as it came it calmed down and that was that....

Marc
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Wow! - I was in VA when this hit and it didn't even make the news chanels!

Are you sure it was an earthquake and not just an aftershock from Uncle Tom and I landing in the USA in the same week :shock: :lol: