Great job to Brentwood Wine Company

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Great job to Brentwood Wine Company

Post by Andy Velebil »

Late this afternoon I recieved an email stating they were shipping my wines today to Los Angeles. Normally not a problem, but I had called over a month ago due to vacation and the hot weather and told them hold all shipments until I gave the personal go-ahead, which they stated was no problem, just call and let us know when you want to ship and they would hold until then. So I was quite panaked when I saw the email, especially since it was about 4:58pm and its forcast to be in the 90's in my area this week.

I called just about a minute before 5pm and Sarah could not have been more helpful. The delievery company had alread picked up the shipment, but she was able to get them to put a hold on it and then return it to them. Sarah called me back ASAP and also sent me a follow up email about the issue, to confirm what we talked about and what she did. It could not have been handled better. Apparently it was just a small mix up in the shipping department, no big deal.

Since many of these retailer theards are so negative, I just wanted to pass on a great experience I had in dealing with Brentwood Wine Company. Many kudos to them, and Sarah in particular, for a job well done :salute: :salute:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Re: Great job to Brentwood Wine Company

Post by Moses Botbol »

I would give them praise in general. No complaints with their service. I too am expecting some wine deliveries at some point.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Marc J.

Post by Marc J. »

I've had nothing but good experiences with the Brentwood Wine Company. Thumbs up!
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

They've been friendly and helpful at all times, but every lot that I've won through them has had something wrong with it.

1. My first auction ever, and the 1965 Warre's VP that I won turned out to be a Grand Reserve. (Warre's didn't make a VP in 1965, but I didn't know that at the time.) They refunded me the difference between my bid and the minimum bid, so I was happy with the result.

2. I won a 1985 Sandeman (excellent condition) and a 1985 Fonseca (signs of leakage) that, it turns out, had their descriptions reversed. The Sandeman had signs of leakage while the Fonseca was in excellent condition. I wrote to inform them of the error just so that they'd know, but was happy with the result because I'd much rather have a pristine Fonseca from 1985 than a pristine Sandeman. They were apologetic, but still... they're 2 for 2 with screw-ups for me.

I still observe their auctions and will bid if I see something I want, but I'd rather have an accurate auction house than one that does its best to fix mistakes. No mistakes > fixed mistakes in my book.
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Well seems fed ex has other things in mind and they didn't return the bottles like they said they would. I just received the bottles. Of course I was very worried as it was 97 here yesterday and 95 today :shock: Not good weather to ship in. The only good thing is it has been cooling off to about 58-60 at night. Anyways, they arrived in good shape and cool to the touch. No signs of any issues, so I'm not worried. I checked the tracking data and they got here to LA yesterday evening and were transfered to my local delivery hub during the night when it was cold, thankfully. So my new found treasures and a couple very cheap QPR "drink anytime" SQVP's are safe in the cellar.

Here's what I got
1962 Graham's Malvedos SQVP
1960 Taylors VP
1978 Dow's Bomfim SQVP
1978 Presidential SQVP (after having tried the Dalva version in Oporto a few weeks ago)
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Andy Velebil wrote:
Here's what I got
1962 Graham's Malvedos SQVP
1960 Taylors VP
1978 Dow's Bomfim SQVP
1978 Presidential SQVP (after having tried the Dalva version in Oporto a few weeks ago)
I picked up the Malvedos as well. You fell for the '78's :shock: I bet the Dow will be fun.
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

They all were very cheap and I want to try the Bomfim and Malvedos to expand my experience with them. I've had the Dalva(presidential) a couple of weeks ago and it was rather decent. Besides, one can't drink '63 Fonseca everynight of the week.
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Andy Velebil wrote: Besides, one can't drink '63 Fonseca everynight of the week.
Says who?
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

I wouldnt want to drink it all and deprive the rest of you the chance to drink it :devil: