Portuguese beer ?

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Luc Gauthier

Portuguese beer ?

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Reading through the LCBO's ( Liquor Control Board of Ontario ) , ( largest province in Canada ), financial statement for 2006-2007 , I find in 25th place , Portugal .
- The LCBO sold for $ 700,000 in Portuguese beer :shock:
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Portuguese beer ?

Post by Andy Velebil »

sangris or super bock I prefer the former
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Super Bock!!!!

-Dave-

(That's a beer that you see constantly in Oporto - in advertisements, on umbrellas, on charis, everywhere)
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Yes, both Sagres and Super Bock make many types of beers. I like Super Bock, but like Andy, prefer the Sagres style. Super Bock is much more popular in the No. of Portugal while Sagres is far more popular in the Southern areas around the Lisbon base.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Although I do prefer the dark version of Super Bock though. The regular one is like drinking Bud Light :help:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

For me both are like bud light, but I prefer super buck
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Sagres is a good summer beer. They sell in my area for like $12 a case!

Andy will remember aguardente liquor store I brought him to always has a case special on Sagres. It's quite popular with Brazilian population
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Moses Botbol wrote:Sagres is a good summer beer. They sell in my area for like $12 a case!

Andy will remember aguardente liquor store I brought him to always has a case special on Sagres. It's quite popular with Brazilian population
Yeah and $12 a case is way to much...you can get Bud Light for less :devil: :mrgreen: :lol:
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Andy Velebil wrote: Yeah and $12 a case is way to much...you can get Bud Light for less :devil: :mrgreen: :lol:
Really? How much is a case of Bud Light? I really have no clue. I was guessing at $12 for Sagres, as one point there was a $9 sign, but don't know if that is still legit. I remember in high school in the 80's; Busch was $9.99 a case...
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

No idea, I dont buy the stuff, but I know its cheap. I really was just making a funny about how they are both cheap beer.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Moses Botbol wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote: Yeah and $12 a case is way to much...you can get Bud Light for less :devil: :mrgreen: :lol:
Really? How much is a case of Bud Light? I really have no clue. I was guessing at $12 for Sagres, as one point there was a $9 sign, but don't know if that is still legit. I remember in high school in the 80's; Busch was $9.99 a case...
In college, my friends used to drink this stuff called M.A.S.H. Beer (camouflage cans and all) that we could get in a neighboring town for $0.99 per six-pack. And it was strong (5.5%) beer, too.

Thankfully, I wasn't a beer drinker then either. Because I suspect that stuff was really bad.
Glenn Elliott