Website testing here - log any issues here

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Website testing here - log any issues here

Post by Guest »

This thread is for any errors or problems you might encounter with the website or forum.

Please use a discriptive subject line so others don't repost the same error many times.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bottle doesn't take you back to home page

Post by Guest »

Known issue - the black bottle image at the top of the forum currently only takes you back to the front page of the forum, not back to http://www.fortheloveofport.com.

This is a known issue and we are working on it.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

UPDATED

Post by Roy Hersh »

Is there now a way to utilize RSS/ATOM feeds?
[Stewart - Coming Very Soon]

a. When clicking on the Search feature and typing in anything and then clicking to enable the search, there is an ugly error message (no matter what is typed in to be searched).

b. On that same banner, the Terms & Privacy button as well as the Contact Us button doesn't seem to work.

c. The yellow banner that is flying as a reminder on the homepage, can now be removed.
[Stewart - Done]

d. When on the homepage, by clicking on the button in the top green area where it says HOME, brings you to an old web page from July of 2005, that should no longer exist.

e. Port Article "archive" list needs to be updated with newer articles, especially the 3rd installment from April of the Douro trip.

f. Please reset this to zero and now that we've almost reached the end of our first year ... start this again, as the 33 number is dubious, even though I was on the site at the time and witnessed it.
Most users ever online was 33 on Sat May 06, 2006 2:48 am

g. On the website's homepage, the bottom banner in red, still has 2005 as the Copyright date. Please change to 2006.

h. When clicking on the Memberlist and then clicking on a specific member's posting from within their profile, this message appears:

Could not delete old search id sessions

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'search_time' in 'where clause'

DELETE FROM phpbb_search_results WHERE search_time < 1152678477

Line : 657
File : search.php
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

My avitar disappeared under my name when I post. Is this temporary, or do I need to update my profile once the entire new site is fully operational?
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com

Post by Guest »

Sorry about that. THis is a temporary issue and your avatars should re-appear on all of your past (and future) posts once I edit some of the scripting. I hope to get to this in the next day or two.

Stewart
Mike Kerr
Location: Centreville, Virginia, United States of America - USA

Post by Mike Kerr »

When doing a general forum search (for example for "quintas") I get:

DEBUG MODE

DELETE FROM phpbb_search_results WHERE search_time < 1152802856

Mike.
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

I rely really heavily on the link at the top of the main forum page called "View posts since last visit".

The first time I clicked it, it worked like a dream and gave me a list of the billion messages that have been posted since I last visited in mid-June. In the same session, the next time I clicked the link it gave me the error message below:

DEBUG MODE
DELETE FROM phpbb_search_results WHERE search_time < 1153125586

Alex
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

I got a similar message when I tried to use the "find all posts from ..." on a member profile

Derek

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Will be looking at these code issues today. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience!

Stewart
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Stewart

Thank you for your dedication in working to improve the forum...

Alex
Steven Kooij

Post by Steven Kooij »

I noticed the link to the forums only works on the front page - on all other pages the links (both on the left side and on top of the page) refer to the old forums. The same goes for the links within the texts of "contact us" and "about us".
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Stewart,

How about an update for the members on the concerns raised here? Also, thanks for inserting my photos on the website's homepage. I like it a lot better now. :lol:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Stewart

Nice look to the new site! Clearly still in pilot mode so just let us know here when you want us to start posting details of things we notice or find.

Alex
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Yeah, the new site is awsome. If I may say so, Stewart allowed me a look some time ago and I was really impressed. I can't wait for it to be up and running.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com

Thanks guys

Post by Guest »

Still working on some stuff (lots of moving parts in the new design). I'll let you know when it officially launches :)
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Posted in error and deleted by edit since I can't delete a message I wrote once there has been a reply posted.
Last edited by Al B. on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

So you mean when I logged on this mroning and saw the new website, that was an unofficial sneak preview?

Gotta say, I liked what I saw!

Alex

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

Yes, quick sneak peek while I was doing some testing :)

I'm very excited about it - better visual, better content management, lots more functionality, better search engine recognition, and better user management (single sign-on for the all the site components).
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Stewart

Could we have a link somewhere on the forum page that takes you back to the FTLOP home page? - obvious places to put it would be the bottle in the top left corner (which currently takes you to the forum home page) or the "fortheloveofport" logo in the top right hand corner (which isn't a link at present).

Thanks,

Alex