10,000 Postings

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Derek T.

10,000 Postings

Post by Derek T. »

10,000 postings has just clicked-up on the front page of the Forum 8)

Stuart, can you tell us who gets the bottle of NN31 that Roy was offering as a prize for the 10,000 poster :lol: :lol:

Derek
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Derek...it was I who made the 10,000 posting. I saw we were getting close and made a run for it. Alex almost got me, by one posting.

Yahoo..NN31! Derek, I'll mail you the bottle and I'll leave the sediment and a touch of Port in it so you can smell and taste it :wink:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Andy,

I'm sure we can settle this like Gentlemen - you send me the NN31 and I'll keep it here until you can get over to London and we'll drink it with some fillet steak sandwiches on an open topped tour bus 8)

Derek
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

No problem...as soon as that 2031 Noval is declared I'll send it too you :twisted:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Maybe we can drink it together on the 27th Anniversary FTLOP Harvest Trip Reunion at Noval 8) - although, I would be 68 by then so you may have to have an ambulance standing by :?

Derek
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

With an I.V. of Port going into your vein :shock:

Gentlemen

Post by Guest »

Gentlemen...:hello:

As administrator of this, the best Port website on the Internet, I can, in fact, work some Web magic :type: to make the post you are reading at this very moment the 10,000th post.

An invite to consume said bottle of NN31 might be enough to disuade me...

:yumyum:

Thanks to all of you for your support and active involvement in this site.
:salute:

Stewart
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Stewart,

Can I first of all apologise for the frequency with which I incorrectly address you as Stuart. For some reason I never seem to get this right even though I try. Either I have had too much port, or you can't spell your own name, I'm not sure which is true :?

On the 10,000th posting - I am quite sure you will agree that it belongs to me.

Derek

PS: That $500 you asked for is in the mail :P
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Derek, Derek, Derek,
You're getting cheap in your old age. I gave Stewart (note the correct spelling :wink: ) $500 plus a case of each of the following;

NN31
Dalva 1952
Fonseca 1970

:lol: :lol:
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Guys!!!! I really think you get this all wrong. Roy said he would make us taste the 31 NN when we reach 10k posts. Though we have to travel to Seattle to taste it. To make it efortless, he promise me he'd get some Fonseca 27 and Alex told me that would be the best occasion to open his 63 nacional to compare the evolution against the 31. The event is building up!
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Did I really post the 9,999th message on forum?!

I didn't realise and certainly hadn't been tracking the number of posts on the board. If I had realised I might have posted that extra one - hey ho! Guess I'll just have to read your tasting notes on the NN 1931 while I sip from my consolation prize of a glass of Grahams 6 grapes.

:(

Alex
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Did I really post the 9,999th message on forum?!
Yeah, I though you were making a run for it too when I saw you logged on and posting again, just before the majic number. Hard to believe in such a short time we got here. Seems like yesterday that Roy started the site. I remember when it first started and there would be a day or so between posts, now we're over 10,000 :!:
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

I only noticed it by chance when I scrolled down to see who was online and the number was at 10,001. Stewart [note spelling] is the only man who can tell us who really got it.

However, given that Andy was the only one who was actually trying to bag number 10,000 I guess that makes him the saddest geek on the forum :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derek
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

To make it efortless, he promise me he'd get some Fonseca 27

Yes Derek, as the runner up, I will ensure you DO receive that bottle of Fonseca Bin 27 that you are craving! :joker:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com

Excellent Roy!

Post by Guest »

That's the 375ml bottling, right Roy?

:lick:

:D
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Roy Hersh wrote:To make it efortless, he promise me he'd get some Fonseca 27

Yes Derek, as the runner up, I will ensure you DO receive that bottle of Fonseca Bin 27 that you are craving! :joker:
Are you flying over to deliver it in person, Roy? If so, I'm sure I could find a nice Graham's 6 Grapes to complete a stunning line-up to go with our McDonald's :lol: :lol:

Derek
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Guys, I'll meet you there and I'll bring the Cockburn's Special Reserve to complete the line-up :joker:

Ohh, can you bring some BBQ sauce for my Big Mac :lol:
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Roy,

I just made poting number 12,000 8) - please instruct Tom to give me one of his N31's as a prize for this achievement :lol: :lol:

Derek