"NEW" FTLOP: YOUR FEEDBACK, SUGGESTIONS, ISSUES, P

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

"NEW" FTLOP: YOUR FEEDBACK, SUGGESTIONS, ISSUES, P

Post by Roy Hersh »

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SHARE YOUR IDEAS, HELP US WORK THROUGH THE GLITCHES AND OFFER SUGGESTIONS ... WITH THE NEW WEBSITE, FORUM AND NEWSLETTER.

PLEASE DON'T HOLD BACK ... WE ARE HERE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE BEST PORT, MADEIRA AND DOURO WINE CONTENT ON THE PLANET.
WITHOUT YOUR HONEST FEEDBACK, WE DON'T HAVE A CHANCE :!:

STEWART AND I WILL BE PAYING CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD OVER THE COMING WEEKS AND WILL RESPOND AS SOON AS PLAUSIBLE.

THANK YOU ALL ...

ROY & STEWART
Last edited by Roy Hersh on Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Kurt Wieneke

Post by Kurt Wieneke »

I'm logged in. How do you register youself on the new site?

Clarification

Post by Guest »

Just a clarification:

Existing Forum Users
If you are an existing member on the Forum, you are already registered.
You should be able to use your forum username and password to log into the new site.

Once you have done so, please click on your "User Profile" link on the left hand side of the page. This will bring up your profile. Click on the Edit button at the top and update your profile with any missing information (especially your Real Name and location, which are required fields).

Brand New Users to the Site
You can click on the Register link on the left side of the page. Complete all the fields in the registration form and submit. The system will send you an email and you simply have to click that link to verify your account, and then log in with your new user ID.

By the way, I'm working on a FAQ section for these types of questions.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Stewart, I made my donation via paypal, how long does it take to get access to the tasting note section? Also, are we able to upload photos yet? If so, how do you do it.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com

TNs and Photo Upload

Post by Guest »

The TN's are in the process of being refreshed and scrubbed, although you should be able to log into the site and see a menu called FTLOP Partners on the left. On that menu is the Tasting Notes link.

If you see any problems with the TN section, please hold off logging those until we are done refreshing the data (which should be later tonight).

The PORTrait Gallery will be operational soon. I'll keep everyone posted.

Stewart
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

OK, got the TN section under partners..but now when I log out, I have to use my full first and last name to log in, then once I log in, it reverts to "Andy V." Is this supposed to do this or just my lame computer abilities..
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

I now have 2 scroll bars to deal with rather than 1 - 1 on the IE window and 1 which appears t belong to the Forum. Is this something to do with my browser settings or is this hw it is in the new world? If it's the later then I don't like it :x

Derek
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Andy,

You can alleviate your issue by checking off the "remember me" box, that is located directly below the log in area.

Derek,

It is truly one of life's most difficult issues and I concur and hope you will forgive Stewart for this minor transgression. :evil:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com

Indeed

Post by Guest »

:devil: is in the details, and I will try to resolve your double scrollbar issue once the site gets out the door. Please bear with us while we fine tune the site...
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

I did try to update my profile but I got the error that the email already exists in the DB so I could not update my profile.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company

Thanks Frederick

Post by Guest »

Ok - working on that issue right now... hold tight
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

2 scroll bars and half a bottle of Morgan 91 is just all too confusing at my age :lol:

Thanks guys

Derek
Gizzyeq
Location: NYC & Japan, New York, United States of America - USA

Post by Gizzyeq »

I still have no access to any other side menu other than the user profile

PM

Post by Guest »

Akira - just sent you a PM
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Help.

I've logged in and wanted to update my profile, but I can't see an "Edit Profile" link on the left of my screen. What I see are:

FTLOP Links Home
Forum
Wine Travel
Port Producers
Article Archive
Links
Support FTLOP
FTLOP Shop
Tell A Friend
About Us
Tasting Notes
Old Site (Temp Link)

Where should I be going to edit my profile?

Alex
stewart

Updating User Profile

Post by stewart »

1. Log in to fortheloveofport.com
2. After successfully loggin in, you'll have a new menu item on the bottom of your left menu area (scroll down) - you'll see "User Menu --> User Profile" Click that.
3. Your user profile will come up
4. At the top left of your profile, you'll see "Edit"
5 Choose "Update Your Profile" and you'll be able to update your info.
6. You can also upload an image (this image will become your avatar in the forums as well. Please note the size restrictions in the upload section.
Julian D. A. Wiseman

"this email is already registered"

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

I am logged in, using Firefox 2.0.0.1. Using the lower-left user profile (top one, confusingly, doesn't work) pop-down I get to my profile, which I edit. I add names etc, only to be told something like "this email is already registered". Please help?

I'm also having trouble in Firefox with the contribution screen of radio buttons, which is either non-functional or just confusing.
Last edited by Julian D. A. Wiseman on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to everyone

Post by Guest »

Thanks everyone for their constructive feedback so far on the forum. Putting this site together has involved a lot of moving parts, some of which don't always like to play together. We will continue to fine-tune the technology, so your patience is appreciated.

Just wanted to let people know that we are looking at increasing the font size in the forum - there are a lot of template and design issues that make this more time-consuming that just flipping a switch, but we're looking at it.

Again, thanks for your patience.
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Yahoo, the double scroll bars are gone. Thanks Stewart :thanks:
Michael Ferrier

Post by Michael Ferrier »

Mine haven't! I have tried logging out and rebooting to no avail.