Updating profile

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

RonnieRoots

Updating profile

Post by RonnieRoots »

I noticed that in the new lay out my real name and city are gone. So I tried to put them back in my profile, but when I tried to update I got this notification:

"This e-mail is already registered. If you forgot the password click on "Lost your Password" and new password will be sent to you."

Stuart, can you tell me how I can update my profile? Thanks.
Julian D. A. Wiseman

Also can't update profile

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

---sorry I (stewart) inadvertently edited your post instead of mine! Apologies.

For those curious, his post basically said he was having the same issue :)

Stewart

Issue

Post by Guest »

Check one thing - when you pull up your profile to edit it, check to see if the name populated in the username field is "admin". For some reason I've yet to uncover, it's putting the "admin" name in the field instead of your actual username. If you put your actual username there and do the updates, then it should save.

Post an update and let me know if that was the issue. If it is something different, let me know and I will continue to investigate it. Thansk for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience. We are still ironing out a few bugs here and there.

Stewart.
Julian D. A. Wiseman

You did delete my post!

You did delete my post! And it still doesn't work, and the word "admin" doesn't appear anywhere obvious.
Last edited by Julian D. A. Wiseman on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oops

Post by Guest »

Yeah...sorry about the deleted post :oops:

Ok - let me look into this further.
Julian D. A. Wiseman

Please suspend deadline of 1st Feb 2007

[url=http://www.fortheloveofport.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=64]Roy Hersh[/url], in a thread entitled [url=http://www.fortheloveofport.com/ftlopforum/viewtopic.php?t=1957]FEB. 1st DEADLINE to change your profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/url], wrote:PLEASE: It is IMPERATIVE that ALL current FTLOP Forum Members LOG IN (and update your profile ~ on the new website as soon as possible. You will only need to do so one time, which will sign you up for the Forum and Newsletter too. On Feb. 1st 2007, any current FTLOP member who has not registered on the new website will lose their profile and posting privileges, but more importantly, the ARCHIVE of all of their posts will be lost. I believe that five weeks provides everyone with enough time to comply.
Please suspend this deadline until a while after the profile feature has been fixed.
Julian D. A. Wiseman

please could the country and the state not be mandatory

Also, please could the country and the state not be mandatory. I want to put "New York and Sussex" in the "city" field, which makes the state and country fields rather awkward.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

State and Country will remain
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Julian D. A. Wiseman

Remain, or remain mandatory?

Remain, or remain mandatory?
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Presumably the default options could remain mandatory but special requirements, like Julian's, could be dealt with by Stewart via the Helpdesk?
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: please could the country and the state not be mandatory

Post by Andy Velebil »

jdaw1 wrote:Also, please could the country and the state not be mandatory. I want to put "New York and Sussex" in the "city" field, which makes the state and country fields rather awkward.
If you could update your profile with your name, that would be a start :beat:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Julian D. A. Wiseman

The machine does the password grumble whatever updates I try

The machine does the password grumble whatever updates I try.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: The machine does the password grumble whatever updates I

Post by Andy Velebil »

jdaw1 wrote:The machine does the password grumble whatever updates I try.
If you send Stewart ("admin") a message he will be glad to help get it all sorted out.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com

Working on it.

Post by Guest »

Sorry for chiming in late here - I'm already working on this for him.

Stewart
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Isn't it time everyone got to know Julian's name? 8)

In all seriousness, where are we at on this?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com

Waiting for the code to change...

Post by Guest »

One of the components that we use on this site is going through a code change. I'm in almost daily contact with the developer of the component, which is in Alpha testing right now (i.e. testing, fixing small bugs, and not quite ready for release).

As soon as it is ready to go, most of the profile issues will be fixed, including (among many other things): updating your profile successfully and updating your forum signature.
Gizzyeq
Location: NYC & Japan, New York, United States of America - USA

Post by Gizzyeq »

well...you could let us beta test it if you want :twisted: its always quicker for the masses to find the bugs than the developer(s)
Julian D. A. Wiseman

Patience!

Patience! We are port drinkers — we are accustomed to waiting 30 years for some things, surely we can wait a week for this.
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Gizzyeq wrote:well...you could let us beta test it if you want :twisted: its always quicker for the masses to find the bugs than the developer(s)
That's because developers never actually look for the bugs, do they Stewart? :shock: - "alpha testing" means: write the code based on your own understanding of the specification, spend an hour or so tinkering around with some other interesting yet unrelated personal project, and then chuck the new functionality into the beta version and let some other poor sod find you mistakes :wink:

Derek

Disclaimer - I was a developer about 100 years ago :P
Julian D. A. Wiseman

Until further notice this post is my profile

OK. Until further notice this post is my profile.

Julian D. A. Wiseman
New York (mostly) and Sussex (a bit: my father hosts my cellar)
Email address and telephone numbers
‘Port home page’ (which also explains my avatar)