Tasting Notes and Dates

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Al B.

Tasting Notes and Dates

Post by Al B. »

A quick question for Roy and / or Stewart. I was browsing through some of the port tasting notes and noticed some strange dates associated with some of them. For example, on the screen you access from the FTLOP home page the Barros 2003 has a tasting note date in 1998. When you click through to read the detailed note you see the note was dated July 2005.

In a similar way, the Barros 2000 tasting note was (if I recall correctly) was a barrel sample so would have been tasted in October 2001, as it says on the TN listing. However, the detailed description says that this tasting note was taken in June 2006.

Can you give some guidance as to what the different dates are and how we can interpret them please.

Thanks,

Alex

Tasting Dates:

Post by Guest »

Logically, the Barros 2003 tasting note that is listed as 1998, was, in fact, actually tasted in 1984, but the data record is post-dated to June 2006 to account for shifts in the time-space continium....

:)

Seriously, after reviewing some of the dates, there are a few where the dates automagically got converted to something other than what the correct dates should have been. Usually, the correct date is the one that appears in the tasting note itself. However, I'll re-look at the dates and see if I can't clean up the few that have incorrect dates listed.

Thanks for the heads up.

Stewart