Sounding like a broken record ...

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Alan C wrote:You've set up a great forum, and you can guide it in whichever way you see fit, but while I'm staring at my Offleys 63, waiting for it to settle(thanks for the advice Derek, but its doing my head in!) after its recent journey from Toms house to mine,with the Royal Mail, Alan
Alan,

As the Guinnes man says "Good Things Come to Those Who Wait" - this wine has waited almost undisturbed for 44 years and only needs a couple of weeks to recover from being kicked around a Royal Mail sorting office - pull yourself together man, and pop a few LBV's while you are waiting 8)

Derek
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Have no fear Alan, I have never discouraged folks from having fun here on the Forum.

FYI ... I have been know to bring a scissors along to an offline or two here in Seattle (after a warning that I sent by email) and cut the tie off of more than one unsuspecting friend who still thought it necessary to wear a tie for a very casual get together. :shock:

One of my favorite pubs in NYC (when you meet me, you'll realize I still have lots of NYer in me not the least of which is the accent), "Hogs and Heiffers" was a wild sort of place for 30-somethings that would go after work and hang all night. It was in the "meat packing district", (as in BEEF) and inserted into the ceiling were dangling metal meat hooks. The goal in life there was to loosen up the women (friend or stanger) to where they'd feel comfortable enough to get up on the bar, do a little dance while removing their bra and hang it for all time, on the meat hooks. That was my idea of a main lounge. It is still there to the best of my knowledge.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Roy,

I don't suppose you would consider a adding a "Hang Your Bra on The Meat Hook Forum" for the ladies? (with picture uploads :lol: )

Partner members only, of course!

Derek
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Roy,

Fair comment, good to hear.

I went into a similar Pub, and it had the hooks from the ceiling, but they had bits of meat on each hook. I asked the barman what it was all in aid of, and he said it was a standing bet within the Pub. He told me if I could jump up and touch the meat on each of the hooks, my drinks would be free all night. When I looked interested, he quickly said, "But theres a downside, if you miss anyone of them as you go, you will have to buy everyone their drinks in the Pub, all night!". I considered it, but when he finally asked if I was up for the bet, I had to tell him that the 'Steaks' were to high!!!! :wall:

Alan
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Roy,

Another healthy sign is that your 1:6 ratio of Posts is more like 1:7.
That may not seem much difference, but when your dealing in Thousands....!!!
It'll give you the opportunity of sticking your oar in a bit more, if you wish! :D

Alan