Who is/was JohnTitor?

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Alan C.

Who is/was JohnTitor?

Post by Alan C. »

Stewart,

This is a really obscure question.
If you go into the membership, the first name on the list is 'John Titor 2001', who joined in Nov99, 6yrs before the Forum started.
I presume he was a test or something. Cant you get rid?
I'm not really bothered, just curious.
On a more serious note, for the future, couldn't you work out some form of privilage that allows members to see other members basic details, like their name etc. I understand some folks may want anonimity, but others dont supply details because they dont want all and sundry to se them, but wouldn't mind members seeing such things. Examples of this would be a few of us asking Luc(Tanker what his name was) and me putting Legal Profession as Occupation, but later felt confident enough to throw in what I specifically did. Again not crucial at all, and know your busy,

Alan
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

And to think after all those years, not one post from him :shock:

Then again, maybe Roy really started the forum a LONG time ago and didn't tell anyone :wink:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com

Post by Guest »

I've been working diligently behind the scenes to make several improvements to the site's profile capabilities. Unfortunately, they are behind the scenes, so it looks like i'm sitting on my a$$, sipping Port and watching the latest BBC documentary on the how Priness Di is really living under an assumed name in a witness protection program in downtown Detriot...

Once I get all of these moving parts playing nicely togehter (and I won't say WHEN that will happen, because inevitabely I discover another cog that needs fixing), you will be able to look at the details of other users - like real names and locations.

I'm also aware of the funky error on the home page, and am looking into that.

Thanks to you all for your patience as I work to both fix the existing problems and to also continually improve your expeirence on this site. As Roy alluded to, I have a full time job (and kids) so my efforts here are truly For The Love Of Port (and the occasional bottle of Port that Roy proffers) :)

I had an interesting conversation with an acquaintance who runs a different wine site. I kept wondering how he constantly kept the site in immaculate shape and updated with new features every week (it seemed). His answer - 8 full time technical staff members! So...I think we're doing ok, and again appreciate your patience as we fix what's not working correctly, and adding a bunch of new, cool features as we go along.

Cheers!
Stewart
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Stewart

I hope and guess that I speak for everyone who uses the site and the forum and just want to make sure that you know how much we appreciate the effort you put into supporting the site. Without your efforts, we wouldn't get our daily fix of port-gossip.

Its not just Roy who plies you with port. In most places in the world (apart from Philadelphia) your visit would be a great excuse to open some special bottles to share with you.

Don't let the humour from Alan wear you down. We all understand that your priorities are and should remain (i) your family, (ii) your job, (iii) anything else that's more important than FTLOP (iv) FTLOP and (v) everything else.

But in the meantime, perhaps you could disable Alan's access to the forum so that he has to resort to personally emailing you with jokes in poor taste? :joker:

Alex

PS - I heard a rumour that Princess Di is going to the Emergency Offline being organised by Derek
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Al-B

All this humour from a man who doesn't know what year Frank Sinatra Died! :lol:
(Try explaining that one whilst looking cool)

Stewart,
Keep up the good work. (And just you try..... :twisted: )

Alan
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Stewart,

As Alex has already said it so eliquently, THANK YOU for all your hard work :clap:

We don't always say it, but your hard work truly is appreciated :thumbsup:

and the next time I see you, a bottle or two (oh who am I kidding, probably 3) is on me :winebath:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
dave leach
Location: watchung, New Jersey, United States of America - USA

who is

Post by dave leach »

stewart,
you have a standing offer when in the nyc area, as does roy, to come to my hacienda and have your way with my wine cellar. we ALL owe you a huge thankyou. to do this out of kindness and not compensation is remarkable, and i must say this site is relatively hassle free and easy to negotiate. keep up the great work!!!

dave