Stewart, don't hit me but.....Cant put images into my posts.

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Alan C.

Stewart, don't hit me but.....Cant put images into my posts.

Post by Alan C. »

Stewart,

I know you've just sorted out the Avatar and again, well done!

So dont hit me, but...I cant put images into my posts, or change the GMT to the 'plus one' time we currently are in England. I do know the procedure as to how you should do this, and it worked before. These minor glitches/quirks aren't essential, and I'm not issuing any joke threats! But if there is an easy solution???

Alan
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Stewart,

Still cant do Images in Posts, or Signitures, or Time changes. Is this all in hand, or is it hard luck?

Cheers,
Alan

Temporary Issue

Post by Guest »

This is a temporary issue as I'm cleaning up some residual issues around the synch problems.
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Stewart,

This Temporary Issue still exists,

thanks, Alan
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Alan,

I seem to have cracked the linking photo's to posts thing - what is it you are trying to do?

Derek
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Alan,

I have noticed often times a photo's link has some extra text after the "img" at the end of the web link. By deleting that extra text after "img" seems to solve the problem. Not sure if that will help you, but it seemed to work for me.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

I think it depends on which web resource you are using to store your pictures. I found out how to do it by reading the FAQ section on flickr but it seemed to be very specific to that site.

Derek
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Andy,

I try this type of thing but its not having it!

[img]huyton_header_grad.jpg[/img]

I'm sure Stewart will sort it all out when he gets time.

Alan
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

I admit to not being very computer literate, so take any computer related advice with a grain of salt :P but if my advice works, my fee is one bottle per hour :twisted:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com

Inserting Images into posts

Post by Guest »

To insert an image in your post, you need to first have your image posted to a web site like http://www.flickr.com or another photo service that produces a URL that will take you directly to your image.

I'll walk you through how to include a flickr photo in a post.
  • 1 ) Go to the photo in flickr that you want to include.
    2 ) Click on the button that says "All Sizes" - usually right above the photo.
    3 ) Choose "Small" (preferable) or "Medium" - the larger the photo, the more of the site's bandwidth you eat up every time the thread loads.
    4 ) Scroll down to "2." and copy the URL listed under "Grab the photo's URL:"
    5 ) Create your post.
    6 ) Where you want to insert your image, click the "IMG" box at the top of the post ONCE. You will see a [ img ] tag (without the spaces) appear.
    7 ) Paste the URL that you copied from your Flickr page.
    8 ) Click the "IMG*" box again at the top. A [ / img ] tag will appear at the end of at the top of the post ONCE. You will see a [ /img ] tag at the end of the URL. ***Note: if you don't see it at the end of the URL you pasted, check at the end of the post. Delete it and just type the exact same closing image tag at the end of your URL.
    9 ) Click "Preview" to view your post BEFORE hitting "Submit" to make sure your image appears.
If you copy your URL from flickr by right-clicking on the image and viewing the URL from the properties menu, please note that it will leave a ?v=0 or something similar after the .jpg part of the URL. You should delete this extra part, leaving .jpg as the last part of the URL.

Copied from image properties:

With the extra text (?v=0) at the end deleted:
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

We don't need no stinking seatbelts...we're in the Douro :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Stewart,

Hi.

And sorry to be a pain, but I've got a Flickr account, and have been successful in the past. Its now not playing. Like the example above, I have the details and its surrounded by the image details. it has nothing after jpg but wont appear. I also cant get my 'Tag' line to show or change the GMT to GMT+1. So I presume I'm stuck in the Synch!!!

Alan
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Alan,

You broke it, now off to your room and no bottle of Port for you tonight :P :lol:
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Andy,

Thats how I feel. As though I'm mithering the Teacher and he's shortly going to get annoyed and lob a chalk duster at my head!

Alan
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Alan C wrote:Andy,

Thats how I feel. As though I'm mithering the Teacher and he's shortly going to get annoyed and lob a chalk duster at my head!

Alan
Alan,

I bet no one knows what that means :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derek
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Please translate that into Yank-speak please :o
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

When you take a child on a trip in the car, and every 5 minutes he asks 'Are we there yet?' he's mithering.
When your at work and a man makes a BeeLine straight for you and wants to tell you his 10 favourite Police Stories,(Like Speeding ones, Derek :wink: ) He's mithering
When your better half wants to talk about bills when the match is on, she's mithering.

Are you getting it?

Alan
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Got it, :thanks:
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Oh My God!!!!

Stewart. Cancel that. I tried a different way of getting the URL .....and it worked!

Unless you fixed it in the last half an hour? [img]

Alan
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

:clap:

A major technological breakthrough 8)