BlackBerry Access

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Derek T.

BlackBerry Access

Post by Derek T. »

Stewart,

I recently obtained a BlackBerry from work, presumably so that they have instant access to me 24/7 rather than the 22/7 they had previously.

I can access FTLOP using the brouser but cannot log in. Is this something you or anyone else has tried to do?

Derek

PS: I would send you the actual error message I get when trying to login but can't get ****in' signal on the thing where I am :x

PPS: Alan/Andy - I can confirm that it is possible to read FTLOP Forum threads whilst driving at 90 mph 8) - unfortunately, until Stewart fixes my login problem I cannot submit responses during the journey :?

Bad news

Post by Guest »

Logging into the forum requires cookie support, which i don't think blackberries support. I can read, but not log in/post with my own bberry.
Jay Powers
Location: Pacifica, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Jay Powers »

Over the last week, logging in has been very problematic for me, not working at all for four days no matter how I tried to do it, and now working normally at work (PC, laptop) but not at home (PC). Still today it takes me 5 try's to log out (even though i logged out earlier today at work where I downloaded and printed the newsletter), so I could log in again and get the posts read/not read marks and access the message box.

Something happened about one week ago, and is still not back to normal.

Jay
Jay Powers
Location: Pacifica, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Jay Powers »

PS Derek, Bberrys, along with cell phones, are the devils work. It's bad enough having a work laptop with wireless access. Give it back, or "break" it.

Jay
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

My cell phone stays in my car except 6 weeks a year.

Posted from my Boysenberry.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Re: BlackBerry Access

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Derek Turnbull wrote:I recently obtained a BlackBerry from work, presumably so that they have instant access to me 24/7 rather than the 22/7 they had previously.
Derek, this is precisely why I don't have, or want a crackberry... my work really doesn't pay me enough to have that sort of access to me! :)

Uh, is it just me or does it seem WRONG to be reading FTLOP both on a phone and whilst DRIVING...?!?!? :shock:

Todd
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Jay Powers wrote:PS Derek, Bberrys, along with cell phones, are the devils work. It's bad enough having a work laptop with wireless access. Give it back, or "break" it.

Jay
Amen :!: Hate those things and they are right up there with pagers, when pagers were the big thing. I refuse to get a blackberry. This is mainly because after years of being on call 24/7 with a pager going off at all hours of the day and night, I am done with all that. Work can call my cell or home, if I answer, they should consider themselves lucky :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Come on guys, drag yourself into the 21st century and stop pretending you want to live in the Middle Ages (or is that Middle Earth :roll: ) -

Just think, if we didn't live in an "I need it and I need it now" world we wouldn't have an internet so wouldn't have FTLOP and you guys wouldn't be able to talk about drinking 3 year old VP :lol: :lol:

Jay - not everything that the devil makes us do is all bad :twisted:

Todd - ask for a payrise and a BlackBerry at the same time 8)

Roy - don't leave valuables in your car :?

Andy - it is possible to not answer a BlackBerry, or even turn it off :wink:

Stewart - does the site still use cookies if you don't check the Remember Me box?

Derek

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Derek Turnbull wrote:Come on guys, drag yourself into the 21st century and stop pretending you want to live in the Middle Ages (or is that Middle Earth :roll: ) -

Just think, if we didn't live in an "I need it and I need it now" world we wouldn't have an internet so wouldn't have FTLOP and you guys wouldn't be able to talk about drinking 3 year old VP
Hmm, way i see it Derek, the problem is that BECAUSE we live in that "I need it and I need it now" world, we are talking about drinking 3 yr old VPs.
There! Blame the crackberry for the decline of society AND for making North Americans drink their port too young!!! :D :lol:

Todd
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Derek,
I will mail you a letter....now, where did I put that stone tablet at :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com

Post by Guest »

Stewart - does the site still use cookies if you don't check the Remember Me box?
Yes, unfortunately for Blackberry users worldwide, the site does use cookies to manage log in and credentials across multiple site components (forum, PP, etc.). Even if you don't check "remember me".
Julian D. A. Wiseman

Blackberry: I’m a fan of Graham’s port.

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

Blackberry
I’m a fan of Graham’s VP. Not their 1977 vintage, it’s true, but allow me to commend to you the 1970 — fine mature port — and the 1985, which is drinking beautifully now, and will be decades hence. Why the fuss about blackberries?
Derek T.

Re: Blackberry: I’m a fan of Graham’s port.

Post by Derek T. »

jdaw1 wrote:
Blackberry
Why the fuss about blackberries?
I find that they give more instant gratification than other fruits, although are not to some people's taste

Derek
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

But Derek, the real question is:
How much age do you allow your Blackberrys to have before considering cracking the seal??? :D:D

Todd
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

tpettinger wrote:But Derek, the real question is:
How much age do you allow your Blackberrys to have before considering cracking the seal??? :D:D

Todd
None - BlackBerrys are pop-n-go 8)