Tasting Notes

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

I would not want to see the Forumites TN Database being retricted to PP (or any other type of) subscribers. I think it should be freely available to any registered user and searchable by anyone with an internet connection.

The Cellar Tracker hook up sounds interesting and perhaps that is where the Forumite notes and Roy's notes could come together in one place fr those that are PP members. Non PP members can't see Roy's notes so if we want them to see ours they must be in a different place on this site.

Does anyone who is interested in this have any personal web space that we could use to store an Excel spreadsheet that could be downloaded from a link on this site?

I would be happy to put some time into maintaining the spreadsheet if others are willing to submit notes to me in a prescribed format.

Hey, this reminds me of One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest - we are taking over the asylum boys 8)

Derek
Julian D. A. Wiseman

technologically unsophisticated as a ‘spreadsheet’

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

If this is going to be as technologically unsophisticated as a ‘spreadsheet’, updated by somebody, that is stored online, then it’s easy to do given the ‘someone’. If uploading may be intermittent (i.e., a gap of a week or so when I’m away) then I have online space. But I suspect that Roy will want to keep this within his domain: comment to follow, no doubt. (Technical aside: it should be stored as a CSV, not an XLS.)