PP Tasting Notes Back Up

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

PP Tasting Notes Back Up

Post by Guest »

Thank you for your patience as we've added several hundred new TNs to the PP Tasting Notes Database.

A few things you'll notice from the old version:

1- The date format has been changed to yyyy-mm-dd (2006 05 09). This will allow you to sort by year/month/day rather than Tues, Weds, Thurs as it was previously.

2- You can also sort by wine type - Colheitta, Vintage Port, etc.

3- Some of the wine names may have changed, as we did a massive data normalization project in preparation for our integration with Vinfolio and Cellartracker. This resulted in much more consistent naming conventions for the wines.

4. Finally - If you come across any typos, errors, or anything else, please copy the WHOLE tasting note, and email it to [email protected] and I'll fix it. We spent a lot of time cleaning this data, so hopefully you won't find any!

Thanks for your patience as we've updated this part of the site.

Enjoy.

Stewart
Last edited by Guest on Wed May 23, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derek T.

Re: PP Tasting Notes Back Up

Post by Derek T. »

Stewart,

Good work my boy :thumbsup:
admin wrote: we did a massive normalization project in preparation for our integration with Vinfolio and Cellartracker.
Did it involve electrodes and unknown drugs administered by Nurse Ratchet :lol: :lol:

Derek
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Stewart,

With reference to another thread relating to Forumite TN's, are you willing to reveal the format of your data structure for the TN database. I want to create my own TN database and would like to follow the format, constraints and convensions that you have used so that at some future date you could upload these to FTLOP.

I would be happy to create a spreadsheet or MS Access database that could be used by Forumites in the short term bt it would make sense to make this as close as possible to the format you already use.

Derek
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

:thanks: Stewart
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com

Field for TNs

Post by Guest »

I've basically broken up the TN fields into their individual components:

Vintage (i.e. 1994 or NV)
Producer
Wine Name (including any designations, Reserva, etc.)
Type (i.e. Port, Madiera, or Douro Wine)
Note
Tasting Date (Format yyyy-mm-dd)
Score

All of the other fields are specific to our review component, so you wouldn't need to worry about maintaining those in your spreadsheet.
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Thanks, Stewart.

Are there any formating or string length constraints on the fields (other than the date)?

Derek

No constrants

Post by Guest »

They ultimately all get converted to text format, so it doesn't really matter what format your fields are in your spreadsheet. No character limitations on the fields.