Updating Profile

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Derek T.

Updating Profile

Post by Derek T. »

I tried updating my profile so that my real first and last names would appear as Derek Turnbull and my username as Derek T.

My name is now appearing as Derek T. (Derek T.) whereas I expected Derek Turnbull (Derek T.), which is how some of the other users are being displayed. I'm not sure where I have gone wrong.

Can you please let us know precisely which profile fields we need to update to be compliant with the new MI5 friendy Real Name Policy?

Thanks

Derek

PS: Or tell us to leave it alone until it's ready on 1 June :roll:

Soon

Post by Guest »

Short story is that when you see your double name disappear, then go in and update your profile. I've got a little work to do on the back end today and tomorrow to set it up.
Derek T.

Re: Soon

Post by Derek T. »

admin wrote: I've got a little work to do on the back end today and tomorrow to set it up.
I'm sure there is material for a joke in there but I'm not quite sure it's appropriate here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derek
Julian D. A. Wiseman

can’t find (or maybe can’t access) location field

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

Some days ago I added a flippant little comment to my location, and thought that the joke was wearing thin and so should be deleted. Ahh, yes, the joke is on me now, as I can’t find (or maybe can’t access) the field in which I entered it.
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Julian,

A few days ago we had a separate tab in the Profile section that contained the data items that appear to the left of each of our posts. I know because I updated mine. This tab has now vanished.

Derek
Julian D. A. Wiseman

the best-named town in Harrison County, Texas

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

Well, I was pondering changing it to the best-named town in Harrison County, Texas. It’ll have to wait.
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

I tried to change my signature options recently, now that I have learnt that the forum automatically enters a line between text and signature.

I can't seem to change either the text of my signature or whether it automatically appends itself to my messages.

Can anyone help with this?

Incidentally, I have never been to either Brunei or Uruguay but I'm not sure if this is important at all?
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Al. B wrote: Incidentally, I have never been to either Brunei or Uruguay but I'm not sure if this is important at all?
I have never been to Greenland (just in case it matters that you all know that :? )
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I have never been to Mississippi, in case it is important.

However, Alex B., if you are still having the same issue, I encourage you to email Stewart for assistance so he can provide some words of wisdom to help you.

Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com