Trouble logging out?

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Otto Nieminen

Trouble logging out?

Post by Otto Nieminen »

I haven't been able to log out for days. Anyone know what the problem is? I have clicked the logout button many times, yet whenever I get back to the forum I see that I am logged in.

-O-
Tom Archer

Post by Tom Archer »

You're the lucky one! - I'm continually getting half logged out without my doing anything - forcing me to log out and log in again. In the process I usually end up losing the flags on threads that have posts I havn't read yet...

..it's getting VERY tedious.. :roll:

Tom
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Tom,

I had your problem, but if you follow Stewarts advice about Cookies, it works.
For me this meant logging out of this Forum. Opening the Internet explorer page. Going to tools, internet options, then delete browser history,cookies,temporary internet files and passwords. I then checked that my favourites icon to FTLOP didn't start with www. It did so I found it again on the internet and added that to my favourites.

After all that I'm back with it as it was. I also have to remember all the passwords for everything I use, for the first time all over again.
Its a real fun ten minutes. And you never get that time back! :)

Alan
Tom Archer

Post by Tom Archer »

but if you follow Stewarts advice about Cookies, it works.
I did - and it doesn't....

And yes, I also wasted time re-entering all my saved passwords! :evil:

Tom

Hey Tom

Post by Guest »

PM me and let me know (in as much detail as possible) what you are experiencing and I'll see if I can help.

Stewart
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Tom, you're worried about logging out :shock: there will be no leaving us my good man. You are forever trapped in this insane asylum with the rest of us crazies :twisted:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

I did have the same problem as you Tom. My own problem (after trying Stewart's recommendations several times) was that I log in from both work and home. The work URL has the www in front, the home one does not. I had left myself logged in at work, and did all the troubleshooting at home.

I ended up remoting into my work machine one night and discovering this fact.
After that, it was simply a matter of remembering to log out each time I left home for when I went to work, my "unread post" flags would not be working properly. Not suggesting this is YOUR problem in particular, but if you, like me, use multiple computers (especially ones where the IPs will be coming from different gateways such as ADSL routers, proxy servers at work, etc) then this could help a little.

Todd