Forum Login & Cookies Fixed!

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Stewart T.

Forum Login & Cookies Fixed!

Post by Stewart T. »

We have completed the work on the cookies / login issues that some users have been expereincing on the board.

We thank you for your patience, and if you are still experiencing any lingering issues, please submit a help desk ticket ("Help Desk" link on the main fortheloveofport.com home page).

Stewart
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Is anyone besides me, still having issues with the LOG IN and especially the "remember me" function working? :roll:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Michael C.

Post by Michael C. »

Roy Hersh wrote:Is anyone besides me, still having issues with the LOG IN and especially the "remember me" function working? :roll:
My problems all seem to be fixed (thanks, Stewart! :) If you're having problems with the "remember me" feature, make sure you have cookies enabled on your browser.
Stewart T.

If you are still having problems...

Post by Stewart T. »

If anyone is still having problems, please post a help desk ticket (link is on the left hand side of the main page) and we'll get working on it!

Stewart
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Meh, no ticket needed... I know this happens to be a FireFox quirk, especially since with multiple users on the computer, each logging into Gmail (typically prior to logging into FTLOP) things can get a bit muddled; but the only "issue" I have is that occasionally, I open FTLOP, something identifies that it is me (it states "Welcome Todd Pettinger" but when I click on the Forum menu, it then 'disappears' all the tracking icons in the individual forums and tells me to "Log in to check your messages." As soon as I click the log in button, it does not prompt for username/password (as it is remembered in Firefox) but the tracking icons for unread postings come up. Just an extra step.

I'm sure this is just due to my cookies in Firefox and the fact that both the wife and I log into Gmail (sometimes simultaneously, although her with IE and me with FF.) This can cause identity crisis in 'Fox and result in the double log in button.

Aside from that, no issues like I was experiencing several months ago - keep up the good work Stewart!!! :)

Todd
Julian D. A. Wiseman

Please, why have I lost access to Roy’s tasting notes?

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

Please, why have I lost access to Roy’s tasting notes? I’m a fully paid $$$ narg.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Julian,

Nothing has changed with your account so don't worry. Log back out and then log in again and more than likely that will fix whatever seems to be messed up. Try it a couple of times, if that does not work ... it will take Stewart to fix this when he returns from Portugal.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Julian D. A. Wiseman

Tried that again — to no avail.

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

Tried that again — to no avail.

Do you recall what you think of Fonseca Guimaraens 1995?
Paul Eddy

Post by Paul Eddy »

Hi Julian,

I have looked and there is no tasting note for the Guimaraens 95. I haven't had it so no help there. M Broadbent has tasted it once and said it is a lovely wine and gave it 3 stars. That's all I can tell you.

Paul.
Port is the wine of the Maritime Left