Can't get photos up

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Heather Hathwell
Location: Glendale, California, United States of America - USA

Can't get photos up

Post by Heather Hathwell »

I've painstakingly followed the instructions for "BBCode" but nothing is happening. I tried to get creative, and still nothing. Help!!!! thx
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Heather,

The BBCode for linking to an image is as follows:

img]http://www.fortheloveofport.com/ftlopfo ... ofport.jpg[/img

Please note that I have excluded the opening [ and the closing ] so that you can see the link rather than the picture.

If you are having trouble try the method I use:

1. hover over the picture you want to link to and right click

2. choose "Properties"

3. You will see an item titled "Address" in the list of properties. Highlight the full URL (including the hhtp bit and the .jpg bit and press Ctrl + C to copy the link

4. Start typing your post on FTLOP. Paste the link you have copied between the BBCode delimiters img and /img remembering to enclose each in square brackets.

5. You've done it!

Good luck

Derek
Stewart T.

Pictures

Post by Stewart T. »

I might also add that if you want to include one of your own pictures in the post, you'll have to have the image on the internet somewhere to link to (some place like flickr.com, for example).
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Like this?

I took this in the Gaia earlier this year. It was just along from the Martinez Storage. Never worked out what it was. Had a discussion on another Forum, but no one could be sure.

Any Clues?

Alan.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Heather,

One other hint. Sometimes the link has some extra stuff after ".jpg" at the end of the link. Delete the extra stuff so the link always ends with .jpg
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Stewart T.

Another hint

Post by Stewart T. »

Also, if you can keep the size of your photos smaller, it will reduced the amount of scrolling that other readers have to do to get through the thread.
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Heather Hathwell
Location: Glendale, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Heather Hathwell »

Yes, I had uploaded to flicker, after following the BBCode instructions, but the "address" for it did not include .jpg. I had even tried reverse searching for it, after the upload (since image searching on google seems to come up with that kind of address ending, but these photos aren't searchable yet. I'll add it anyway to tail end on my other post and see what happens.

Thanks all.
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

When your on Flicker, you need to select the photograph(that isn't jpeg). THEN you need to select all sizes. Then when you select a size and click on properties, it will be a jpeg.
I seem to recall having a similar problem when I started.

Hope it helps.

Alan