Forum Upgraded - Still cleaning things up

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Stewart T.

Forum Upgraded - Still cleaning things up

Post by Stewart T. »

The Forum is now upgraded, although we are still cleaning up some links, the look and feel, and other "cosmetic" things. You may now start posting in the forum, although may see a little odd behavior here and there. If something looks really wrong or you think you've found a major issue, please post in the "Website" forum. If you are unable to post there, submit a heldesk ticket at http://www.fortheloveofport.com/helpdesk and we will look into as quickly as possible.

**Note: Please don't modify any settings in your profile yet.

We really appreciate your patience as we've undertaken this upgrade.

As soon as we're done tidying things up here, I'll post a note covering some of the great new features of this forum, including:
- TONS of improvements on the administrative side of the house (YEAH!)
- Attachements
- Save Drafts of Posts
- Improved Searching
- PM Improvements
- Improved Speed

Thanks for your supPORT!
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: Forum Upgraded - Still cleaning things up

Post by Roy Hersh »

Also please check as I am pretty sure that the new software offered an INSTANT MESSAGING capability and that would be really cool if it is available. Thanks!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

Ideed - we will have the ability to launch msn messenger, yahooo messenger, etc. and connect with a user.

Once we have connected the SITE profile with the FORUM profiles and make sure that synchronization works properly, you'll be able to simply put your yahoo messenger address into your profile and a link will appear next to your name on the forum where someone could fire up a yahoo conversation with you.

I've gone in and manually added my MSN Messenger address to my profile so you can see what it looks like... check out the small links under my name. Everyone else will be able to do this soon!
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Stewart,

The Other Discussions and Website Questions & Suggestions Forum areas seem to have disappeared. Is this intentional?

Derek
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

...and now they are back :D
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

No Derek....I'm not....em...messing with you.... :devil:
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

I also noticed that they were there when I signed on yesterday, then went away for a while, then reappeared.

Having read thru them, I was cool with it 8--) (that and being in IT as my primary means of income earning, I know how changes can often go!!!) :D

Good stuff. Although, I gotta say, I don't love this new forum format... the layout bothers me... just cuz I detest change! ;) I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just isn't the old forum look that I knew and loved. RIP FTLOP V2 :(

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with it. I simply liked the old layout better. Perhaps it is the colours... :?

Todd
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Todd Pettinger wrote: I simply liked the old layout better. Perhaps it is the colours... :?

Todd
Would you prefer it to be PINK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Michael Ferrier

Post by Michael Ferrier »

Is it possible to do something about the number of banners on the page? With the FTLOP and phpBB (who they?) banners, each of which has a search function, and then the forum heading (with another search button), one only sees a couple of items in the forum before having to scroll down - even less if there are 'fixed' topics at the beginning. I also don't like the combination of the phpBB blue with the FTLOP port colour; or is this a suggestion that we might soon have blue port to go with the pink port to maintain the correct gender balance?
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

Yes, cosmetically, this will eventually fit better into our site. We wanted to get the funcationlity up and running and available to all the users first. Cleaning up the layout will come after we finish a few other priority things on our website to-do list.

Thanks for your patience with all the stuff at the top for now.

We will be looking at colors as well, as of course, Port is RED...or Purple...or Squid Ink in color with slight lightening around the edges... ;)
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Stewart T. wrote:We will be looking at colors as well, as of course, Port is RED...or Purple...or Squid Ink in color with slight lightening around the edges... ;)
Or white...or pale yellow...or dark yellow...or tawny, or orange, or brown, or mahogany, or pink...

No-one else has said it yet, so I'll be the first. I like the new forum layout and functionality and it seems to be a lot more stable on my computers than the old software was.