Question re: searching

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Todd O.
Location: Monroe, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

Question re: searching

Post by Todd O. »

I appologize if this has been asked before or if I'm missing something, but....

When I perform searches, it appears that only new posts (i.e., those posted after the board conversion) are being searched. For example, if I do a search for "1985 Infantado", the website tells me that there are no posts containing the word "Infantado", when I know for a fact that there are many pre-conversion posts that do include that word. Similarly, If I do a search for 1985 Warre, only a couple of recent posts are returned in the search results. Is this a known limitation of the conversion, a global problem, a problem unique to me for some reason, etc.?

Thank you for any information anyone can provide!

-Todd
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Question re: searching

Post by Andy Velebil »

Todd,

I'm sure Stewart will be able to give you a better technical answer. But there are still some things left to button up after the massive upgrade and this is one of them. Sorry about the temporary inconvenience.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Erik Wiechers

Post by Erik Wiechers »

i'm facing the same problem here. I am sure there is somewhere on this forum a topic for cellarpics. I cant find it yet. But i'm also sure that Stewart will find a solution for this :D
If it ain't dutch it ain't much

http://www.erikwiechers.com
Todd O.
Location: Monroe, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

Post by Todd O. »

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure this was not an issue that only I was having, since I didn't see anyone else mentioning it.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I can tell you that Stewart is aware of it.

This week his focus is on getting the newsletter out, which is already in his very capable hands. In addition he is working on lots of projects for the launch of the new website which is now only about 2 weeks away. It is a 100% change over, although the new Forum is 95% upgraded it is not perfect. We will be changing the look (color) and search functions. As to photos, we have a brand new part of the NEW website that will be called PORTraits. It will be for folks to upload photos on a bazillion items related to Port/Madeira/Douro wines. From corks/capsules/bottles/tongs/cellars/grapes/tour photos/trade people and many other facets, this will quickly become the largest Port-centric photo despository in the world. Coming very soon!

Please be patient with Stewart as I've never foisted more projects on him (even when we launched the site) and he is working very diligently behind the scenes right now.

Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Roy Hersh wrote: Please be patient with Stewart
Roy,

You must always remember that Stewart is an IT Guy, so an estimate of "5 days development" actually means
  • 1 day coding without looking at the user requirements
  • 2 days playing Doom
  • 1 day developing something for another customer, and
  • 1 day surfing the net for a new job.
:devil:

Whip him, whip him hard - he isn't working hard enough unless he's demanding more VP to see him through the night :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derek
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

Correction, Derek... my 5 days are...

1 day coding what I want to give the customer, not what they ask for
1 day sorting my cellar
1 day surfing the net for a new job
1 day watching March Madness (American College Basketball Tournament for those who don't know)
1 day planning my next trip to Portugal.

In all seriousness, I am aware of the search issue, but won't have time to work on that until the new site is up and running (so I thank you in advance for your patience)...
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]